- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Best Resumes for College Students and New Grads: Jump-Start Your Career! Paperback – Dec 15 2011
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Louise M Kursmark is the founder and president of Best Impression Career Services, Inc., and author and coauthor of more than a dozen career books. She is a Master Resume Writer, Certified Job and Career Transition Coach, Certified Employment Interview Professional, and Credentialed Career Master.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The structure of the book is:
1. Proving your value to employers - The author asks you to clearly define what job target you are seeking and also gives you some examples. Soft and Hard skills are explained here, which is helpful.
2. Writing your Resume - In a step by step manner, the author guides you through writing a good resume. More examples are weaved in to give you some ideas.
3 .Managing your Job Search - on and off - The Internet is now a primary place to look for jobs, so it's wise to have a strong online profile. The author explains how to post and convert your resume online.
4. Writing Effective Job Search letters - Cover letters, networking letters, and thank- you letters are explored here. Information is invaluable, but I'd wish there was more material.
5. Sample resumes for college grads and students (associate degrees grads, internship resumes, bachelor degree resumes, advanced degree resumes, "average" student resumes, and resumes for nontraditional students. - The meat of this book. The majority of this book consists of many sample resumes from students and grads. I liked the variety because it's also sorted by career and field.
Overall, a great resource for college students and recent grads looking to improve their resumes and cover letters.
If a book gets repeatedly "borrowed" and not returned from our "resume writing bookshelf", I have to assume it is seen to be of value by the borrower. Otherwise, why would someone take it?
We have about 6 of Louise's excellent resume reference books on our shelf, along with many other authors.
To date, Louise's books get "borrowed" permanently more than any other author. She writes a clear how-to-write-a resume book with lots of examples (specific to lots of fields are students aspire to). The sample resumes apply to college student who either have no experience, or are older, and have lots of seemingly unrelated experience. They show what is expected in a resume for a certain kind of job. Very valuable.
Louise Kursmark writes some very good resume books. She knows her stuff.