- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Bible Stories for Growing Kids Audio CD – Audiobook, CD
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Also, the details the authors use to flesh out the Bible stories were sometimes unsuitable for children. For instance, the story of Zacharias and Elizabeth contains lots of extras obviously meant to elaborate upon the skeletal biblical account of the couple's relationship. The authors write that after Zacharias gestures to Elizabeth what the angel told him, then "That night Elizabeth and Zechariah slept together and a baby began to form inside Elizabeth's body." I am far from prudish abotu human sexuality, but every child who already knows how babies are made does not need the reminder of how John the Baptist was conceived. And children who have not yet been informed about the details of conception are likely to be confused by this story.
Obviously, the Bible contains lots of details inappropriate for children, and this book seems to seek opportunities to introduce "growing kids" to these details. Sorry, but I think "growing kids" should be introduced to more complex thoughts regarding salvation, the Incarnation, and the goodness of God rather than incidents of rape, murder, and sexual intercourse (all of which are mentioned at least once in this book).
Bottom line: If parents choose to read this book to their children, they should edit it as they read, but it's really not a good book to read in a church or school setting.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Children's Fiction > Religion
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Religious Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Religions > Christianity > Bible > Stories
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Children's & Teens > Ages 4-8
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Children's & Teens > Bible
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Church Leadership > Youth Ministry
- Books > Christian Living Store > 5 to 8 Years