Bioenergetics Primer for Exercise Science Paperback – Sep 20 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jie Kang, PhD, is a professor in the department of health and exercise science at the College of New Jersey in Ewing, where he directs graduate and undergraduate student research and teaches a variety of exercise science courses. Kang's interest in exercise metabolism originated with his doctoral work at the University of Pittsburgh, where he conducted clinical research dealing with exercise and diabetes. He received his PhD in exercise physiology in 1994.
Kang has published over 50 peer-reviewed articles and has been an invited speaker in various workshops and symposiums discussing topics related to bioenergetics and exercise metabolism, specifically the alterations in energy metabolism, substrate utilization, cardiorespiratory activity, and perceived exertion in response to acute and chronic exercise.
For the past several years, Kang has served as director of the ACSM Health/Fitness Instructor workshop and certification at the College of New Jersey. He is also an ACSM-certified exercise specialist. His work as both a clinician in several clinical, health, and fitness facilities and as a researcher provide opportunities for Kang to transfer bioenergetics theory to practical application.
Kang is also a member and fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and a past member of the executive committee for the Mid-Atlantic Regional Chapter of the ACSM.
During his free time, Kang enjoys reading, photography, and traveling in addition to physical pursuits of jogging, swimming, and tennis. He and his wife, Julie Ye, live in Medford, New Jersey.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Education & Reference > Math
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Sports Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Anatomy
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Physiology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Sports Medicine
- Books > Sports & Outdoors
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Sports Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Anatomy & Physiology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Biology