- Student Exclusive: Amazon Prime Student members save 10% on all textbook purchases. Enter code TEXT10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Biology of Disease Paperback – Dec 13 2006
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"When you first pick up this book and peruse the pages it is immediately encouraging. The presentation and production values are very good, the diagrams and photographs look professional and it is a substantial volume, all of which suggests a worthwhile textbook."
"I would have welcomed this book when I started out in the laboratory, as the books at that time were less welcoming and somewhat drier to read. I recommend this book to students and tutors as a text for any course on the biology of disease."
British Journal of Biomedical Science, Volume 64, Number 1, 2007
"Overall, the book is an excellent introduction to the subject of pathology, disease and laboratory diagnostics, which would be ideal for undergraduate students on biomedical science and related degrees."
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education, 2007
"…an excellent introduction to the subject of pathology, disease and laboratory diagnostics, which would be ideal for undergraduate students on biomedical science and related degrees."
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education
About the Author
Nessar Ahmed, Maureen Dawson,
Nessar Ahmed, Maureen Dawson,and Chris Smith all teach the biomedical science course at Manchester Metropolitan University. The course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science and the Health Professions Council.
Ed Woodhas many years teaching experience in the biological sciences at the University of Leeds
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Diseases
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Anatomy
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology > Microbiology
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Molecular Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Diseases
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Diseases
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Anatomy & Physiology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Biology