Biology, Husbandry, and Medicine of the Green Iguana Hardcover – Mar 2003
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Dr. Elliott Jacobson received his PhD in Zoology (endocrinology) and his DVM from the University of Missouri. He is currently a professor in the Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences at the College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida. He is a Diplomate of the American College of Zoological Medicine where he teaches veterinary students and supervises a postgraduate residency training program in his specialty, wildlife and zoological medicine. He also serves as Service Chief of Wildlife and Zoological Medicine at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, University of Florida. This service evaluates all nondomestic species submitted for examination to the VMTH. His research focuses on infectious diseases of reptiles including paramyxoviral infection of snakes, mycoplasmosis of tortoises, and fibropapilloma of sea turtles. He has authored over 200 publications in a wide variety of books and journals.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If not, buy Iguanas for Dummies and James Hatfields Green Iguana book. I have all 3 plus "Understanding Reptile Parasites" by Roger J. Klingenberg, which is unfortunately not available from Amazon.
Biology: Covers all concerning issues in the 24-cycle-day of the living animals and captive too.
Nutricional: Covers all concerning food in the wild, food in captivity. Contains a wide spectrum food analysis, for captive sources.
Hasbundry: Covers all about terrarium living-related (furnishing, temperatures, humidity, substrates, disinfections etc etc).
Diseases and disorders: All known signs of diseases & diagnoses, and signs of disorders and related. Covers also the case of acariasis (important in captive reptiles).
Medicinary: Covers all cases for doses, medicines, alternative medicinary ect ect.
I would say that it isn't for the new keeper. It is for the person who is already familiar with medicinary, pathology and diseases.
This book is just the "next step" to keeping knowledge of Green Iguanas.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Animal Care & Pets > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Medical Books > Veterinary Medicine
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Zoology > Reptiles
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Veterinary Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Animals
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Living on the Land > Hunting & Fishing
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hunting & Fishing
- Books > Textbooks