countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports tools Registry

on January 16, 2015
Does the job as advertised. Good value for money. I like the see-through removable lid. This allows you to rotate the steam vent so that you can place the rice cooker almost anywhere and adjust the lid so that the steam does not hit the underside of the cabinets. Also makes for easy clean up. Only 4 stars because it does not come up with a steam basket. This is only a rice cooker-nothing else.
on November 20, 2011
it doesn't have good functions like japanese one, but it makes okoge. i love it:)
simple,easy to clean,can cook pasta as well.
on April 30, 2014
First, I would like to know why do they call it a white rice cooker,
the rice cooker can cook just about anything, my favourite is a
blend of white rice, brown rice (1:1) with about 1-1/4 of can peas (beans),
it works beautifully. I find that if you try to cook 2 cups of brown rice, it
will swell and fill the cooker almost to the cover. If you add too much water,
you will end up with soggy rice. I think the maximum water should not be
more than 1/2 cup extra. My rice cooker lasted about 3 years but I keep
forgetting I only paid 9.0 dollars, what do you expect for 9.0 dollars.

marcus welby
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 24, 2015
For the price, it's hard to beat this mid-sized rice cooker. I use it for rice, soups, stews...it cooks evenly and is easy to clean too.

My only complaint, I wish it was a 20 C. capacity, that would be even handier. When making a large amount of rice, the water does tend to spill over a bit, until rice has partially cooked. Have to keep an eye on it when it begins to boil, in these instances.

Overall though, very good value and I have used mine for many months without any problems.

Geraldine Helen Hartman, author of the Groovy Green Kitchen cookbook series
on July 19, 2016
Hassle free warranty replacement. I got another Black and Decker Rice cooker which is stopped working after 1 year. I just called the cust care. Very friendly and professional service. I sent the snap of the S/N in email. Bang in less than 2 week, I received the replacement unit.
I am Indian,I cook lot of rice, I am 100% satisfied with this cooker.
on December 3, 2014
First off you can't use a measuring cup - you need to use the cup it comes with, which is about 1/2 a cup. If you put in 1 and 1/2 of their cups that equates to 3 'cups' of water as measured by the markings on the pot itself. Not a biggie, just takes a couple of seconds.
It heats up quickly. It went from being turned on to slopping hot rice water on the counter - the large hole in the lid, ostensibly for venting steam, let's a LOT of heated watery goop escape. Which is good, as you don't need to constantly take the lid off due to the heavy boiling action of the liquid - the rice water will lift the lid off all by itself to gurgle rice water when it can't vent out the steam hole any more.
To make this unit work better you should either leave the lid off to keep it from boiling over, or drill the steam hole larger so the lid stays on. Or just get rid of it and find another. Every other rice cooker I've used works much better. I didn't realize they weren't all crated equally. Do your homework and don't buy this one...
on November 26, 2015
The lid doesn't actually lock in. It's just a lid like you were to use for a pot or a pan. Mine doesn't really fit very well, so the steam escapes a lot. I mean it does the job, but I'd say there's definitely better ones than this out there

EDIT: Okay, so after a couple weeks, I've changed my mind about this rice cooker. I gave it 3 stars before because I thought it had more potential... Nope. I've tried changing the water content, toasting the rice, washing/not washing the rice... NOTHING WORKS. Every single time it turns it into disgusting mush. UGH.

Definitely NOT worth the money. This is coming from a Korean guy who doesn't really care that much about rice but still eats it every day. Do NOT get this. The starchy liquid overflows every time and it's so much more hassle than it is anything else. Don't get it. Trust me.
on November 18, 2015
Doesnt work at all as a rice cooker... the water all overflows on heating and it doesnt even shutdown automatically... burnt rice twice before i gave up even trying. Useless product. Do not waste money on this one.
on November 13, 2015
Third time that I used it, smoke came out of the electric element. I checked that everything was clean, and noticed that the smoke had actually come from the inside of the base, where the heating element was.
on May 1, 2016
I purchased this product in July,and it stopped working after 2 months. When I tried to reach for warranty, the process was quite complex and isn't user friendly either.. If I would have went ahead with their warranty, I had to spend 50 to 60% of the cost of this rice cooker, and what if it does not work again... Finally I decided to go with a new rice cooker at a near by shop...

See 1 answered question