Echo Spot fd18 boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite fd18 Tools

on July 24, 2014
I bought a 32GB Playbook a couple of years ago, and I liked it so much that I also bought a 64GB Playbook for the extra storage. I didn't really know what to expect from the initial Playbook, but I had confidence in it based on its specification and other users' reviews of it. Needless to say, I love it.

I haven't yet learned all of its capabilities or used all of its features, but I continue to learn about them. So far I have used it for web surfing, for reading news and email, downloading and listening to radio programs and watching movies and videos. It has been wonderful for those. I downloaded the Blackberry Desktop software and love having the ability to pass files back and forth between my Windows 7 computer and the Playbook. My computer just sees the Playbook as an external storage device - through my computer and the included USB cable I can manipulate files that are on the Playbook, move them between machines, change filenames, play MP3 and MP4 files, and edit documents. I am amazed. It’s important to remember that the Playbook is more than an e-reader and more than a tablet to play games on. It is a full computer with all of the power of a computer.

The Playbook is a nice size to carry around the city or take on trips, and I often carry it around my apartment so that I can listen to music or watch a documentary or video. It is a solid, well-made and well-functioning tablet and I strongly recommend it.

I also bought the Rapid Travel Charger, which does speed up charging. I recommend that, too.
2 people found this helpful
on October 26, 2013
The first playbook I ordered arrived as promised, but the unit was defective. I contacted Amazon, and they sent me an electronic return label. I returned the unit and was credited without delay. I ordered a new playbook, and it also arrived as promised. This one was perfect. The Amazon rep was courteous, knowledgeable and professional, and I am very satisfied with the whole experience.
12 people found this helpful
on August 24, 2016
My Adobe PDF library, there when I need it. , video too, not much else, no email, no support, but it will survive a nuclear fallout! ( very durable )
3 people found this helpful
on February 12, 2014
the playbook is AWESOME - especially with my Z10 which bridges beautifully!- but since my PC has windows 7 it has proven impossible for my PC to recognize the playbook... thank goodness for the 'ghost commander' app I read about during my struggles to get my PC to recognize my playbook... if you have windows 7 and you want a playbook, get the free app and save yourself a whole world of frustration - I spent 3 full days trying to figure out how to connect my playbook...
One person found this helpful
on October 16, 2013
Great tablet for the price - need to get used to it after using the ipad. The Ipad died on me which I believe is too bad on part of Apple - particularly when today's electronics are much more robust.

Takes a long time to boot up - which is irritating considering Ipad is on almost instantaneously.

The soft keypad is much better than Ipad and more easy to type.

The screen response for gesture movements not up to the mark as I though.

Processor and storage capacity is great

On the whole, when you are paying a fraction of the price of a high end tablet for a tabelt having the same specifications - you are getting a great deal
3 people found this helpful
on April 3, 2014
My husband and I each have one. This is our spare. We love it. The resolution, the reading, the size. We use ours 24/7. The size is perfect, the apps that come with like the national film board, docs to go etc are super. It is the best item we own. We have our music on it and it has good sound. We have it wirelessly hooked up to speakers. Our grandgirls love it too. I do my banking in bed.
I am recently retired and use it more for pleasure. When I worked i used it a great deal for meeting notes, taking pictures of important happenings, looking up things on the browser. It has excel so I used it for finance, contacts, reviewing large documents. BlackBerry is fabulous with support.
One person found this helpful
on April 9, 2017
Does what it needs to even all these years later
2 people found this helpful
on January 9, 2014
Only reason I bought this piece of junk is that my first one broke and Playbook is the only one that I know of that has Kobo ebooks and Bluetooth, and is reasonlably priced, otherwise I would have bought something else. Delivery was fast. But I do not recommend buying this article, save your money and buy something of better quality.
on November 9, 2013
This is the best value for money in the market today. This is the second playbook i bought. The build quality is very good. The sounds are excellent. The video is High Definition 1080p quality.
10 people found this helpful
on February 25, 2018
After some initial start-up issues, the BlackBerry Playbook is working as expected. This is my second playbook, which I've enjoyed very much, and is still working, so yes, I like this playbook and hope RIM or an affiliate supports it in future.