- Actors: Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young, Edward James Olmos, M. Emmet Walsh
- Directors: Ridley Scott
- Writers: Hampton Fancher, David Webb Peoples, Philip K. Dick
- Producers: Brian Kelly, Bud Yorkin, Charles de Lauzirika, Hampton Fancher
- Format: Color, Director's Cut, Dolby, Dubbed, DVD-Video, Original recording remastered, Restored, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC, Import
- Language: English, German, Japanese
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
- Dubbed: French
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Number of discs: 1
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: Warner Home Video
- Release Date: Sept. 5 2006
- Run Time: 117 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 864 customer reviews
- ASIN: B000HC2LIK
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 9.95 shipping
+ CDN$ 18.78 shipping
Blade Runner (Sous-titres français) [Import]
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
When Ridley Scott's cut of Blade Runner was finally released in 1993, one had to wonder why the studio hadn't done it right the first time--11 years earlier. This version is so much better, mostly because of what's been eliminated (the ludicrous and redundant voice-over narration and the phony happy ending) rather than what's been added (a bit more character development and a brief unicorn dream). Star Harrison Ford originally recorded the narration under duress at the insistence of Warner Bros. executives who thought the story needed further "explanation"; he later confessed that he thought if he did it badly they wouldn't use it. (Moral: Never overestimate the taste of movie executives.) The movie's spectacular futuristic vision of Los Angeles--a perpetually dark and rainy metropolis that's the nightmare antithesis of "Sunny Southern California"--is still its most seductive feature, an otherworldly atmosphere in which you can immerse yourself. The movie's shadowy visual style, along with its classic private-detective/murder-mystery plot line (with Ford on the trail of a murderous android, or "replicant"), makes Blade Runner one of the few science fiction pictures to legitimately claim a place in the film noir tradition. And, as in the best noir, the sleuth discovers a whole lot more (about himself and the people he encounters) than he anticipates.... With Sean Young, Edward James Olmos, Daryl Hannah, Rutger Hauer, and M. Emmet Walsh. --Jim Emerson --This text refers to an alternate DVD edition.
· 36 page Hard Cover book presentation with never-before-seen images from the set and scene sketches from Ridley Scott. · The commemorative gift set includes all 10+ hours of bonus content from the critically acclaimed Ultimate Collector's Edition from 2007 plus a new, comprehensive photo gallery of newly discovered sketches from director Ridley Scott, photos from the set and more. Content includes all five feature film versions – The Final Cut, '92 Director's Cut, Domestic and International Theatrical versions and the rare Work Print. --This text refers to an alternate DVD edition.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
This movie is the most artisitic, cinemagraphic I have ever seen! It is ahead of its time and well worth seeing all the versions either one flick at a time or all in one sitting. I can never get enough of the music, mileaus and overall cheesy acting from all the actors in this movie. Rutger Hauer killed it (literally in one part of the movie) as Roy Bhatty. The violence in the movie was justified and also makes this movie just as amazing as any others back in 1982.
If you have never ever seen Blade Runner or any version of it, please do yourself a favour and watch any of the versions and see for yourself which version you like the best. The Blu Rays have better art design than the DVD version of this set. The model car is better in the DVD version of the set. Still truth be told you will not be disappointed by the overall tone of the movie when you see the flick in any version.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Action Directors > Ridley Scott
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Action Stars > Harrison Ford
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Kids & Teens
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Cult Movies > Drama
- Movies & TV > Cult Movies > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Drama
- Movies & TV > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery
- Movies & TV > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Futuristic
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Robots & Androids
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action