Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 4.99 shipping
+ CDN$ 4.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Bloodborne - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
|Price:||CDN$ 29.96 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- A Terrifying New World: Journey to a horror-filled gothic city where deranged mobs and nightmarish creatures lurk around every corner.
- Strategic Action Combat: Armed with a unique arsenal of weaponry, including guns and saw cleavers, you'll need wits, strategy and reflexes to take down the agile and intelligent enemies that guard the city's dark secrets.
- A New Generation of Action RPG: Stunningly detailed gothic environments, atmospheric lighting, and advanced new online experiences showcase the power and prowess of the PlayStation 4 system.
- Ever-changing Chalice Dungeons to Explore: Use holy chalices to gain entrance to a network of vast underground ruins, filled with traps, beasts, and rewards, to explore and conquer alone or with others. These procedurally generated dungeons offer brand new challenges to master, and can be uploaded or shared with friends.
- Platform: PlayStation 4
- ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Amazon.ca Product Description
Introducing Bloodborne, the latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation®4 system. Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.
From the Manufacturer
The latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation 4 system. Hunt your nightmares in this dangerous new world, where danger, death and madness lurk around every corner.
Hunt your nightmares in this intense Action RPG, exclusively on PlayStation 4 system
A terrifying new world
Journey to a horror-filled Gothic city where deranged mobs and nightmarish creatures lurk around every corner.
Strategic Action Combat
Armed with a unique arsenal of weaponry, including guns and saw cleavers, you will need wits, strategy and reflexes to take down the agile and intelligent enemies that guard the city's dark secrets.
A new generation of action RPG
Stunningly detailed gothic environments, atmospheric lighting, and advanced new online experiences showcase the power and prowess of the PlayStation 4 system.
Ever-changing chalice dungeons to explore
Use holy chalices to gain entrance to a network of vast underground ruins, filled with traps, beasts, and rewards, to explore and conquer alone or with others. These procedurally generated dungeons offer brand new challenges to master, and can be uploaded or shared with friends.
When you take damage from enemies, counter-attack the enemy within a certain period of time to regain some of your lost HP. The damage taken initially turns orange, indicating you can earn it back if you are quick enough. Hesitate too long and you’ll lose that health for good.
Bloodborne encourages characters to say on the offensive, using an equipped firearm as a staggering tool. By unloading a shot right before the enemy's attack lands, the tables are instantly turned, leaving them staggered and open to a devastating Visceral Attack.
These small creatures have crept out of a nightmare, and while they may not look too friendly, they accompany hunters, follow their orders, and take care of messages left for others.
Both a grave and a place of slumber, these dungeons are not a place where visitors are welcomed. Those who venture here quickly find this out thanks to the many fatal traps hidden throughout the tunnels and halls, such as these guillotine blades covered in the blood of unsuspecting Hunters.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
My advice to you is this: approach the beginning of this game with a zen-like mentality. Don't worry about the lost Blood Echoes or lost progress. Take it as an opportunity to learn the controls, to learn strategies, and get better. You just have to remember: the Blood Echoes are meaningless. Analyze what you did wrong and try again. This game won't hold your hand but it also won't kick you while you're down, either - you can do it. The game WILL reward you for your patience if you stick with it.
The overall flow and theme of this game seems more like Demon's Souls than Dark Souls. Limited "archstones" to warp to, segregated areas, and so on. If you are a fan of Ninja Gaiden, Monster Hunter, and Dark Souls, you will like this game, once you finally get used to not having a shield and the speed the game expects you to play at.
So, who is this game for?
1. Someone who is patient and is able to learn from their mistakes
2. Someone who will not give up on a game because they can't get past a certain part
3. Anyone who can enjoy the challenge of mastering controls (because there are no easy ways out, you MUST learn and master your weapon)
Who is this game NOT for?
1. Players who can't get into a game if there is no tutorial or clear direction where to go
2. Someone who expects the game to adjust its difficulty level to make it easy for you if you repeatedly fail a part
3. Anyone who is easily frightened or startled (the game advertises itself as a nightmare, and it ain't lying. Also, jumpscares).
Unlike other games, Bloodborne does not allow you to pick a difficulty setting.Read more ›
The game is an RPG where you level as you progress. Sometimes you'll find a need to grind a particular area while you level up your character or save for a new weapon or armor set (you lose the main currency every time you die). I spent about 8 hours playing the first "zone", including re-doing the first portion of the zone until I beat the first boss about 30x. Not once did I get bored or lose interest - which is amazing considering I have very little patience.
If you like a challenge and aren't faint of heart, give this game a try. You won't regret it.
Most recent customer reviews
Great game for you if you liked previous souls series games.Published 21 days ago by Amazon Customer
(Played this game at least 250 hours and got Platinum throphy + completed DLC)
Many months ago I bought this game. Read more