- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Body Electric Paperback – Jul 22 1998
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Robert O. Becker, M.D., lives in upstate New York.
Gary Selden is a writer who specializes in scientific topics.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Another interest I have always had was TENS or zapper units but after reading his works find 99% of applications are very risky due to mans constant desire to "make it stronger" - he found as little as a few billionths of an ampere and less then 1 volt triggered healing or regeneration and more was not only counterproductive but usually dangerous.
He gets bitter in the end, having been forced to close his lab, essentially banned from research by his peers because he moved forward too far too fast plus eventually got involved in attacking the electropollution man has introduced into our environment in the last 60 years. Our universe and thus evolutionary development are based on a low level electromagnetic environment with the dominant 10 hertz frequency of both our brains and gravity waves but man has increased the electropollution by 1,000 times,with the advent of 50/60 Hz electric lines blanketing the earth and pervase pulsed microwaves to the point we are effecting the Van Allen belt and thus weather, if not the general decline of many of mans bio-functions!
His followup book Cross Currents is slightly repetative but adds a great deal more, especially to his electropollution comcerns.
mechanisms; bone/tissue/organ regeneration and electromagnetic effects. One can deduce how wrong and primitive mainstream thinking is in these matters.
I think these books should be required reading by any MD/researcher/engineer worth her/his salt.
Incidentally Dr. Becker, far ahead of his time, is the king of stem cell research, however, he was hounded by the mainstream as his research would have put much of the wrong headed & self serving research funding in jeopardy and he hardly ever gets credit for his ground breaking work.
For some reason those in who study life have elected to ignore Maxwell's work and concentrate on chemical reactions. As was pointed out back in the 1920's (and earlier even) this approach precludes life so it is no wonder that medicine has not advanced very far.
Becker lays the groundwork for understanding ancient traditions such as Qigong (the Taoists certainly understood the concept of the energetic body) in addition to exposing the widespread pollution we are now exposed to. One wonders when people will wake up and realize that the electromagnetic pollution is no doubt doing at least as much as the chemical pollution in causing changes to the planet's biosphere.
Excellent book in addition to the newer "Cross Currents".
Most recent customer reviews
Book was in good condition, fascinating read...detailed studies by the doctor who healed broken bones with an electrical charge passed through silver.Published 6 months ago by JM
WE have electric bodies and this author is researching how electricity can heal our human bodies. A bit too technical for me who has No medical backgroundPublished 9 months ago by Lois Lane
This is not an extremely technical book. You would have some trouble trying to reproduce the good doctor's experiments with nothing but this. Read morePublished on June 14 2004 by Carl Slim
This book is just brilliant. Lots to think about especially relating to cancer. I'd love to know the current research along his lines. Read morePublished on Sept. 25 2002 by Joe Devon
I first read this book nearly 10 years ago and it started me down a path of exploration that hasn't ended yet. Read morePublished on April 7 2001 by Lee Bessa
"The Body Electric" is a ground-breaking dissertation on human health as it relates to small electrical fields. Read morePublished on March 12 2001
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Disorders & Diseases
- Books > Medical Books > Basic Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biophysics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Bioelectricity
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Zoology
- Books > Science & Math > Education > Research
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution > Molecular Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Experiments, Instruments & Measurement > Methodology & Statistics
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Basic Science > Physiology
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Biophysics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Electromagnetism