- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Book of the Fourth World: Reading the Native Americas through their Literature Paperback – Aug 21 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'... an excellent new study ... as readable as it is original'. New Statesman and Society
The Book of the Fourth World offers detailed analyses of texts that range far back into the centuries of civilised life from what is now Latin- and Anglo-America. In order to explore the literature of this world, Brotherston uses primary sources that have traditionally been ignored because they have not conformed to Western definitions of oral and written literature.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Regional > Native American
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Latin American
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Caribbean & Latin American
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Native American
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > Latin American