- Hardcover: 56 pages
- Publisher: Dial Books (April 18 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0735227926
- ISBN-13: 978-0735227927
- Product Dimensions: 25.1 x 1.2 x 30 cm
- Shipping Weight: 635 g
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,266 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Book of Mistakes Hardcover – Apr 18 2017
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“At once philosophical and imbued with adventurousness, this picture book lifts to the level of the sublime the idea of putting one’s slip-ups in perspective.”—The Wall Street Journal
* "This will lead kids to see their own so-called mistakes in a new, more positive light."—Booklist, starred review
* "The idea of setbacks being opportunities in disguise is no stranger to picture book pages, but rarely has it been illuminated with such style, imagination, and compassion."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "A striking debut picture book celebrates the creative process...all rendered in a style and palette somewhat reminiscent of Erin E. Stead's work but distinctive in its own right"—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
"Mistakes in art--as in life--happen, and Luyken shows young readers in a glorious way how they often lead to bigger and better outcomes than anyone could imagine."--BookPage
"I will read this book to every group of students I teach for the rest of my career. ...This book is absolutely magical."--Colby Sharp, Nerdy Book Club
"This beautiful book, which celebrates the imaginative, playful spirit of an artist letting mistakes guide her work, is more than just an embracing of the artistic process, both messy and lovely. It's also quite the odyssey, one that takes readers on unexpected paths, opening minds and perspectives."--Seven Impossible Things
About the Author
Corinna Luyken grew up in different cities along the West Coast, and after studying at Middlebury College, she settled in Washington State, where she draws inspiration from nature, her family, and the human form. She got the idea for The Book of Mistakes by doing art activities with children in schools. This is her debut book.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Want to see more reviews on this item?