- Product Dimensions: 25.4 x 20.3 x 2.5 cm ; 540 g
- Shipping Weight: 386 g
- Item model number: BPD-BLG
- ASIN: B004RP3BH8
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: June 24 2011
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #25,345 in Office Products (See Top 100 in Office Products)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 15.00 shipping
Booq BP-BPD-BLG Booqpad for iPad 2/New iPad (Black/Grey)
- Keeps your iPad, notepad, pen and cards in one place
- Protective, slim, lightweight
- 50-sheet blank notepad included
- Cool notepad refills designed for creative pros
- Designed for right and left-handed users
The Booqpad agenda combines iPad case and notepad into one product, making it the ideal solution to create, store, review or present the next hot idea. Keeping a pen or stylus, business cards, cash or tickets close to your iPad and written notes has never been more convenient. Designed symmetrically for right and left handed users, each Booqpad ships with a blank, 50-sheet A5 notepad made from at least 30% post-consumer materials and printed with soy ink, a surface perfect for sketching, writing, note-taking, or laying out the next app, printed piece, product, story, or website. Notepads. The Booqpad system offers notepad refills in a variety of styles specifically designed for creative professionals, including layouts for creative writing, designing the next app or website for iPad, or developing graphics or a 3D product. Interior Years of experience in designing highly functional bag interiors have gone into an agenda design that's both elegantly simple and functionally superior. While providing iPad protection and access to all buttons and ports in a symmetrical layout, a center slot for a pen or stylus, a slot for your business cards, one for theirs, as well as an inner slot for tickets or even cash come together in an strikingly elegant design.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There are a few minor caveats that make this a 4 star instead of a 5 star product in my mind.
1) Original Paper refills are scarce and expensive in Canada. The cheapest I've been able to find the refills for this product is $20 for a 3 pack after shipping and handling. I found my self hesitating to use it knowing how expensive the refills are, so I swapped the original pad for 5x7 pads readily available at my local office supply store. It's not ideal, since the pad is now smaller than the original, but now I don't think twice about taking notes on it.
2) The buckle keeps wanting to hold its shape so it stays curled towards the pad of paper. This gets in the way of writing, but also the metal button can hit the iPad's screen if you're not paying attention.
All in all, this is a solid product, and I'd recommend especially to students now that most of our course information comes in PDF form.
It works as claimed and is a nice snug fit. I'm not quick with note taking on my ipad2 so I like to be able to write quick notes on the pad when on the run and transfer them later, this is the perfect device for me as I get the best of both old and new world technology.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
For those who complained about the lack of hole for the rear facing camera, I have to ask why would you want one? Its not like you would hold up a 16-inch wide open Booqpad to take pictures. It only takes a few seconds to pull the iPad out if you really want to use the rear facing camera.
I originally rated this case 4 stars, and if it were well-made and durable, I'd stick to that rating.
However, after owning it 1 day, the seams inside came unglued. I contacted Pivot Gear, and they had me go through Booq to get a replacement - both companies provided fast and good service. The replacement I got had little tears and rubbed off sections on the synthetic leather, exposing yellow foam material in one spot. The seams were glued, but on closer inspection, I could see that they might quickly come unglued as the previous case had with a little use/wear. In reality, this doesn't affect the function of the product at all, but it looks bad and unprofessional, which is one of the reasons I wanted this case - I wanted a professional look. However, the case does not seem very durable in regards to these small details, and I fear it'll look quite worn rather quickly. I can't speak to the other booqpad options (leather, nylon, etc.), perhaps they're better quality. This black synthetic version, however, I can no longer recommend. If I were to buy another, I'd buy directly from Booq, as their prices are the same and they don't charge for shipping if you need to send it back to replace. Pivot Gear will accept returns, but deducts shipping costs both ways. Their service and communication, however, was very good, so I recommend both sellers.
This case is designed to hold your ipad securely, look professional, and have space for a notepad. It can be customized for left-handed or right-handed use.
It is well made, and does all of the above as claimed.
I agree with other reviewers who lament the lack of a camera hole for the rear camera, and it lacks any kind of stand function, but then again, it doesn't claim these features.
The materials are nice, it fits the ipad 2 well (which I was concerned about before purchasing since I read it fit the ipad 1 better, but the ipad 2 fits snug, and can be used with full body film protectors installed if desired), and looks good.
The nice thing about the design is that it's compatible with either iPad version, and will likely work with the next ipad to come out, giving the case longevity not offered by many of the ipad2-specific case designs.
If you're looking for a business-worthy case that lets you keep a pen and notepad in with your ipad, this one should be on your short list.
I wasn't worried about the lack of camera hole. I don't see where I'll use an iPad as a camera too often.
The only problem I've had is the notepad itself. The binding is weak and has fallen apart in less than a week. Fortunately, a standard 6x9 notepad fits just fine.
* compact, lightweight
* all about the extra paper pad!
* extra slots are useful
* For the price, it could be a little better quality - especially on the interior.
* would love an outer pocket
* would love a way to stand up the iPad side
* needs a cover/strap for the paper pad to keep it from opening up
* needs corner protection for the iPad. Corners are totally exposed.
I guess if I had to say a bad thing about this product is the fact its not leather but, you get a lot of elagent design without the cost of leather. there is deffently nothing wrong with the strength of the case.