On The Border: An Environmental History Of San Antonio Hardcover – Oct 25 2001
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
--American Historical Review
From the Inside Flap
"Understanding our cultural and natural environment and how these factors have shaped our history is critical to charting a course for our future. On the Border illuminates the boundaries and currents that formed our community and continue to impact life in San Antonio. Readers seeking a nuanced portrait of our natural, political and built landscape-and a deeper understanding of our city-will be amply rewarded by this book."-Mayor Edward D. Garza, San Antonio, Texas
"Maintains a good balance between environmental history as the history of public policy and environmental history as the story of the physical transformation of natural and social landscapes."-Carl Abbott, Portland State UniversitySee all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > United States
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation > Water
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation