Borderlands 2 - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
- Game / Platform:SONY PS3
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform for Display: PlayStation 3
Borderlands 2 is a hybrid First-Person Shooter, RPG game focused on over-the-top co-op play, and set in the open-world game environment of the planet Pandora. The second game in the game series, Borderlands 2 raises the 'loot and shoot' action of the original game with an even larger and more detailed world to explore, an updated gun system, a new cast of characters and character classes, and integration of storyline with action.
Over-the-Top 'Shoot and Loot' Action Returns
Borderlands 2, sequel to the critically acclaimed and best selling role-playing-shooter hybrid, once again delivers its unique flavor, characters and addictive nonstop collaborative loot-shoot gameplay. As in the original game, Borderlands 2 features an openworld game environment, but this time around the world players experience is larger and packed with more depth at all levels. The game features an all-new cast of characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons, and equipment that come together in a carefully crafted and connected story. Make new friends, arm them to the teeth and fight alongside them on a relentless quest for revenge and redemption through the undiscovered and unpredictable living world of Pandora.
Key Game Features
- All-New Characters and Classes - Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course. Dual sniper rifles? sure, if that’s your thing.
- Play Online with Friends - Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- World Connected Story - Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, handsome Jack.
- New Badass Gun System - Millions upon millions of possible weapons means tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
- 87 Bazillion...Everything - It's not just guns on Pandora, you will lust after procedurally generated shields, grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
- Brand-new Environments - From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, discover more of the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn.
- Brand-new Enemies - Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory stalkers and the hyperion mechanical army, run by handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies you will face.
Continued focus on co-op play.
Hybrid FPS and RPG gameplay.
New badass gun system.
More detailed open-world.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Its Borderlands again, but everything is better.
The skill trees, the guns, the environments and the enemies have all been vastly improved in quantity and quality. But this was sort of expected.
What really stood out as a pleasant surprise was the care given to the story. The game is packed full of genuinely funny and witty dialogue. The main plot isn't exactly unique, but its interesting and really moves the story along. I never felt bored or unmotivated. Also all of the playable characters are given a back-story that can be uncovered with a little exploring.
Speaking of, this is one of those rare games that truly seems to reward diligent exploring. I found a large chest by falling off a bridge and landing on a nearly invisible out crop, who does that anymore? It was awesome.
Finally, and most importantly, I played this game with some friends. It was created for multiplayer. It may be fun solo, but I think it won't compare to the full party experience.
This game truly feels that the developers poured their hearts and souls into it, and I think if you have any interest at all, you should give it a go.
Compared to the first game there is a lot more content and most of it is interesting, this time around there is an actual plot to the story. There have been quite a few improvements made to the coop play which make it a lot easier to find and get into games. Also the ability to trade and store items makes things a lot more manageable for your loot. Small problems, like the lack of minimap outside of the menu, that were present in the first game have mostly been fixed and the game feels a lot more polished.
Overal Borderlands 2 is an okay game when playing by yourself, but great when playing with friends. The game feels like an actual finished product with a descent story and great characters when compared to the hollow shell that was the original.
There are a LOT of guns and the storymode is very long.
The online is fun but it gets messy when you try to get the loot before your teammates.
GO BUY IT!!
Most recent customer reviews
Good Price, Fast Shipping and Super Quality Made business with him !Published 5 months ago by Malack
Fun game, nice graphic style, easy enough controls (except driving, I find the vehicle steering difficult at times), good for local two player gaming.Published 8 months ago by SyCo