- Product Dimensions: 37.5 x 14.3 x 10.2 cm
- Shipping Weight: 590 g
- Item model number: V-7000OR
- ASIN: B003CN6Q32
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: July 17 2012
- Average Customer Review: 274 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,894 in Home (See Top 100 in Home)
Borner V-7000OR VPower V-Slicer (Orange)
- Made in Germany, this set includes a tough ABS plastic frame with slip resistant rubber feet, Food Safety Holder, 3 blade inserts (7mm, 3.5mm, thick/thin plane slice insert) and blade insert holder
- Incredibly sharp surgical grade stainless steel blades (3 inserts-10 different cuts). Blades can slice many different thicknesses including julienne, shred, cube and even French Fry!
- Patented push button size/thickness adjustment will modify cuts without removing the insert. The blades can cut from both angles but the plane insert has the “0” safety position covering the V -blade when not in use.
- Ambidextrous Food Safety Holder provides complete protection and control. It’s easy to use and requires very little pressure. Prongs hold food securely while the guard protects hands from the blades
- Insert holder protects blades while not in use, also functions as a drying rack. Blade insert holder and food safety holder clip together for easy storage. Instruction manual included.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Color Name: Orange
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
It all started in 1956 when Alfred Borner, a toolmaker by profession, started the business manufacturing an onion cutter. This cutter was made of wood with four razor-sharp blades bent in such a way to make cutting onions into cubes easy work. This one invention sparked many more, and product demand increased worldwide. Borner has become a well established company over the last 50 years, producing state of the art kitchen tools in Germany. They manufacture the finest quality vegetable slicers and mandolins on the market today and are leaders in design and technology. From the V-Slicer Plus to the new V-Power line, Borner products help add creativity to any gourmet meal. V-Power is the newest addition to the Borner family and is made of durable ABS plastic with German surgical grade stainless steel blades. Three inserts offer ten different cuts, the V-Power can cube, julienne, slice and shred. A patented push button adjustment allows you to change the size/thickness of the cut without removing the insert; the plane insert has a safety position to completely cover the V-blade when not in use. The ambidextrous Food Safety Holder has a serrated edge to safely push food off slicer, requires very little pressure and with a quick 90-degree rotation, can produce a variety of different cuts. Steel pins grip most sizes and shapes of produce to create even slices every time. An insert holder provides protective storage for extra inserts; acts as a drying stand and attaches to back of unit for compact storage. Easy to clean; rinse under hot or cold running water immediately after use
Showing 1-8 of 274 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The removable and adjustable cutting blades are a nice feature and it all stores nicely together.
The safety is big so it can give you peace of mind when first using it, but as you use it more you find it to mostly useless since it doesn't get very close to the blade. I would recommend getting a cut resistant glove and doing that instead or to just take your time cutting and be careful just like you would with any other sharp blade.
Otherwise just does everything else you would want; it makes great slices and juliennes. The holder let you breeze through things rather quickly, but you do end up with a little bit left over at the end that you have to hand chop or discard.
My only lament is buying the white one. Getting the colors out leftover by foods like carrots, peppers and sweet potatoes from in between the julienne blades when cleaning with oil can be risky. With a red or orange model you probably wouldn't care as much but with the white model I just can't leave it. I think it would be evident on the green model as well. Barring this staining by certain types of foods though the unit rinses clean with hot water and dries well standing.
In any case overall I'm happy with the product. I'd give it 5 stars if it came with a thicker julienne insert or even had one to buy as an add-on.
Only recommendation is I wish I'd bought the cutting glove at the same time. I figured the holder would be good enough, and it is for most things, but it's impossible to get that "last slice" with the holder. You need to use your hands for that, but I wasn't gonna put my naked fingers anywhere near that blade. It's sharp! So I ordered a glove a few days later and we'll see how that works.
Want to see more reviews on this item?