- Shipping Weight: 2 Kg
- Manufacturer reference: BHNJMCCO
- ASIN: B004OT4TAU
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Aug. 7 2014
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Breezy Point Mayan Mexican Nylon Jumbo Hammock
|Price:||CDN$ 246.14 FREE SHIPPING.|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
The Breezy Point Mayan Mexican Jumbo hammock is our largest hammock. It will fit your family and your neighbors too! The Breezy Point Jumbo hammock has the most woven strings available to create the largest bed possible. The use of nylon, instead of cotton, gives it added strength and a brilliant sheen. The special diamond weave design allows for maximum weight capacity but still nimble enough to bring on every family vacation. When you lie in this hammock you will quickly acquire company because this hammock is best used with others. Like all our other Breezy Point Hammocks the Jumbo hammock is also handmade. This hammock comes in hundreds of different color combinations.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This hammock, although not 100% perfect, is still an excellent hammock. It's large enough to comfortably fit 2 adults for sleeping, and a family of 4 if you're lounging. Now I'll outline some things to look for in a quality hammock, and how this hammock fits these qualities:
1) Tightness in the weave: A good hammock has a weave that stretches as you move, but not so much that you can easily accidentally poke a finger through it while sitting. I've seen hammocks with very loose weave, which is fine if you have one of the heavy-duty ones you see at a big-box store, but not good in a Mayan hammock. I give this hammock a 10/10 in this respect.
2) The sides of the hammock should hang only *slightly* above the body of the hammock when it's hanging empty. This is actually pretty important. If the sides of the hammock are too tight and the body of the hammock is loose, it can be very uncomfortable and difficult to get in and out of it. Again, 10/10 for this hammock.
3) There should be minimal flaws in the weave. As with anything handmade, you're bound to have some flaws. But the quality of craftsmanship of a hammock is reflected in how many flaws you can see in the weave. Hammocks that are made too quickly, like many of those that are sold to unsuspecting tourists, can have many flaws. This hammock has very few flaws, but they don't detract from the overall quality of the craftsmanship. I give it a 9/10.
4) Quality of the string: There are numerous brands of hammock string in Yucatan. The higher the quality, the softer and silkier the string. The string used to make this hammock is average quality.. It's not scratchy by any means, but it's not silky soft like hammocks made with premium. That said, a hammock made with premium string will likely cost well over $100. For string quality, I rate this 8/10. I can't speak to the durability of the string. We use our hammocks indoors, so I expect that it would last at least a few years. I will update my review if that changes.
The real test was when my husband opened it up and laid in it. The hammock connoisseur that he is, he was thrilled. That was most important to me.
***Update***: We keep this hammock entirely indoors, so it hasn't been exposed to the elements at all. It gets regular use as it hangs in our living room. So far, there have been many threads that have torn and are now hanging from the hammock. You might think that with regular use this would be inevitable, but I believe the quality of the string is simply subpar. My husband's family in Yucatan has handmade hammocks that they have had for 5+ years without this problem. Please keep this in mind when purchasing. You can certainly avoid some problems by being very careful about not wearing buttons, rings, earrings or necklaces that might snag on the string, but there's no guarantee that the string won't break from wear. I'm updating my review to 4 stars as it's still usable, but doesn't look very nice with a bunch of loose string hanging down.