Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL
|Price:||CDN$ 159.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 24.00 (13%)|
- Stainless-steel espresso machine with 15-bar Thermoblock pump
- Dual-wall filter system for excellent crema; froth enhancer; cup-warming plate
- Large, easy-fill 1-2/7-quart water tank; external water window indicates when tank is low
- Removable drip tray and grid and frothing jug included
- Measures 9 by 9 by 12 inches
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This espresso/cappuccino machine for the style conscious coffee lover has a dual wall crema system for a perfect espresso every time. A 15-bar thermoblock pump forces water through coffee grounds at the ideal pressure to create delicious, rich espresso shots. The machine also produces an abundance of crema -- the light brown liquid that sits atop an espresso and characterizes a well-pulled shot -- via its dual-wall filter system. Filters synchronize with heated and pressurized water to perfectly extract and caramelize coffee oils, resulting in a velvety, flavour-packed crema. The machine is simple-to-use, with a large removable 1.2 litre/1.3 quart water tank and an external water window that indicates when the tank is low. A warming plate prevents shots from prematurely cooling when poured into cups. Additional features include a froth enhancer for flavorful lattés and cappuccinos and a removable drip tray and grid for easy cleanup. Stainless steel. One year limited warranty. Breville ESP8XL Café Roma Espresso Machine
From the Manufacturer
- Thermoblock heating system
- Warming Tray
- Selector Control for espresso or steam
- 1,000 W
- Removable drip tray
- Advanced Dual Wall Crema System
- Extra large cup height
- Single & Double pod filters
- Includes: Milk frothing jug, Cleaning Tool, Combined Measuring spoon with Coffee Tamper
Bring out your Inner Barista
The Café Roma's Thermoblock heating system extracts espresso at the perfect temperature. A full 15 bars of pressure maximizes crema for a rich, barista-style aroma and taste. Effortless frothing and foaming.
Thermoblock heating system automatically adjusts the water temperature between extraction and milk texturing.
Create a Café Coffee just the way you like it
Café style espresso
15 Bars of Pressure accurately controls water temperature
Includes Single & Double Pod filters, and Combined measuring spoon with Coffee Tamper
Select "espresso" when extracting or "steam" when texturing milk
High Powered Steam
Velvety smooth or creamy thick milk texturing. A 16 oz Milk frothing jug is included.
15 bar, stainless steel espresso and cappuccino machine
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I did have an issue with the machine in that it was leaking behind the drip tray each time I brewed. Breville and Amazon's customer service were exceptional to send me out a replacement machine with free one-day shipping. It just arrived and I'll be setting it up tonight. I'll update the review if this still remains an issue, but I'm sure it will be rectified.
For the price, this machine can't be beat (I paid $160 on sale, but it's worth the normal asking price).
Steamer nozzle seems...not quite right. It's short, blunt, and I find it impossible to get a swirl going as I froth milk. Microfoam eludes me after dozens of attempts and watching countless tutorials.
Easy to use and very easy to clean. Quiet pump. Nice crema. Continue to be impressed by design features.
I had no luck following the instructions to steam milk and ended up removing the special tube attachment which is supposed to make steaming easier. I found it easier to froth milk and easier to clean without it.
There's no storage for any of the accessories, which is a minor disadvantage compared with some other products.
Only longer term worry is the plastic used for the water tank which seems a bit brittle. I doubt it would survive a drop test.
Overall I'm pleased and don't regret the purchase.
It comes with everything in the picture, as well as a pod, single and double shot. It also comes with a scoop, tamper, steam cup, and cut little saucers. The cups and saucers are white. They are double shot cups.
I didn't know this but he was aware: you can only make an espresso or steam milk one at a time. Also, the machine won't stop when enough water has run through the shot, you have to turn it off.
Tastes good. Nice creme. The pod for the shot falls out very easy and is hard to get the grinds out without making a mess. They just don't fit close enough with the handle. This occurs with the single and double shot hard wear. You have to remember to turn the shot off before it gets to watery.
Yes, the steamer moves. But not up and down, only side to side. With the steamer you have to turn it on (steam out) just like every other machine. This is for cleanliness reasons and for this machine, to heat up the steam. Even when the steamer wand is completely submerged, the 'latte' is not going to work unless you hold back the perfect cappuccino foam. I am a foam person so I don't mind that it makes a lot of foam with no effort. He is not, we still can't get it to make minimal foam without just holding it back when we pour.
What to buy with this machine:
It's a complete package, but I would recommend you get a temperature gauge, preferably with a clip on the side so you can clip it to the side of the steam cup and it won't fall over.Read more ›
Build quality: Most surfaces are stainless steel except the front panel with the power switch and drip tray. The top (cup-warming plate) is cast metal. Overall it feels pretty sturdy. The machine itself isn't very large, so don't expect to be heating many cups on it. The portafilter is not bad, but the spouts at the bottom seem to be plastic, so don't press them against the table when you're tamping the espresso.
- It takes about 15 minutes to properly heat up. If you don't heat it up, the steam wand will spit out a ton of water before it starts to shoot steam, so watch out for this. The steam that comes out is a bit weak and uneven, and you should let out some steam to see that it normalizes before you use it each time.
- My unit came with a metal sheath around the steam wand that extends past the steam wand tip. It's not shown in the Amazon photo. If you want to steam your milk precisely, you have to take this off (maybe this is the 'froth enhancer' in the description but it's useless - remove it). I see a black thing over the steam wand in the thumbnail, and mine did not come with that (maybe that's the froth enhancer?). Mine also came with porcelain espresso cups (not stainless).
- The steam wand moves laterally but not up and down. Additionally, it's quite short. This isn't a big problem if you just use the provided frothing jug, but the jug is actually quite small and easy to overflow. If you buy a bigger frothing jug, you have a new problem because there isn't much space between the steam wand and the drip tray which gets in the way.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Extremely poor Espresso and Latte. Does not get hot enough. Cannot compress grinds enough to make a puck. Really, really poor. Don't waste your money like I did. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Gattuso
I am very happy with this espresso machine. I used to be a barista so I know how espresso should look like, taste, and smell when pulled properly.Published 13 days ago by Wooden Shoe
Excellent coffee, simple and easy to use and clean. Good quality price ratio.Published 27 days ago by Amazon Customer
a great machine if you dont mind cutting short on the bells and whistles , the espressos are rich and has a nice foam to it the wand is semi useful i think they updated this model... Read morePublished 28 days ago by Paul !
Perfect machine. I enjoy every cup of coffee it makes. I always use it for douple cups because for the one cup it is too small.Published 1 month ago by Richard H. Koopmann
This is a good value. I have had to experiment a little with grind size, and it won't quite take ultra fine grinds (not without leaving water floating on the surface) but the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Paul Renaud