- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Bringing It Home: A Nurse Discovers Healthcare Beyond the Hospital Paperback – Apr 29 2014
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Praise for Tilda Shalof
• "A smart patient knows more about coping with their disease than their physician, and Tilda Shalof's insights into the rigors of heart surgery are even more provocative since she brings a nurse's wisdom to her own operation." -- Dr. Mehmet Oz, host of the The Dr. Oz Show, on Opening My Heart
• "Shalof has seen it all, and writes about it, too." -- Calgary Herald
• "Grey's Anatomy should be so compelling." -- Globe and Mail on The Making of a Nurse
About the Author
TILDA SHALOF is an intensive care unit nurse with thirty years of experience in Israel, New York, and Canada. She is also the author of the bestseller, A Nurse's Story, and an outspoken patient advocate, passionate nurse leader, public speaker, and media commentator. She lives in Toronto with her husband and two sons.
JUDITH SHAMIAN is the president of the International Council of Nurses, 2013-17. Dr. Shamian is also the former president and CEO of the Victorian Order of Nurses (VON) and past president of the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA). She is also a professor at the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing at the University of Toronto, and was the Executive Director of the Canadian federal government's Office of Nursing Policy for five years. In addition to her extensive international work, she was vice president of Nursing at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto for 10 years and has held various academic positions since 1989.
Dr. Shamian has published and spoken extensively nationally and internationally on a wide range of topics. Government departments and agencies and academic bodies, including the World Health Organization (WHO), often call on her to speak and consult on many issues surrounding nursing, health human resources, leadership, and healthcare policy.
She is also a mother of three daughters and grandmother of 16. The author lives in Toronto, Ontario.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Thank you Judith Shamian for understanding and advocating for what those of us in the home health systems already knew that the community not the hospital is where true wellness begins and ends.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Health Care Delivery
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Nurse & Patient
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Patient Education
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Health Care Delivery
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Nurse & Patient