- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
British Columbia Coast Names: Their Origin and History Paperback – Jul 1 1991
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The reprinting of Captain J. T. Walbran's distinguished hisotry of British Columbia coast names is an event to be hailed with enthusiasm. His book has never been displaced." (Margaret A. Ormsby 1991-07-01)
"Recommended enthusiastically to those interested in the discovery and exploration of the Pacific Northwest Coast (in this respect it is almost encyclopedic) and particularly to those who cruise BC waters. For those fortunate individuals, Walbran will open an entirely new world of adventure." (Pacific Search 1991-07-02)
"One of the great books of British Columbia historical research." (Vancouver Sun 1991-07-03)
About the Author
John T. Walbran was born in Yorkshire in 1848. After attending grammar school, he went to the famous training ship Conway. Thereafter as a ship's officer he sailed the seas of the world until 1888, when he entered the coastal service of the Canadian Pacific Navigation Company. In 1891 Walbran took command of the Canadian Government Steamship Quadra. For the next twelve years he and his sturdy, handsome little ship sailed up and down the BC coast. Afterwards, he left the Quadra to pursue the writing of this book. He died in 1909.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > Canada > Province & Local
- Books > History > Canada > Province & Local
- Books > History > Historical Study > Social History
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Travel > Canada > Provinces > British Columbia