- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Building Your Own Home For Dummies Paperback – Feb 25 2005
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Keep construction on track with helpful checklists
Turn your dream of a custom home into reality!
Thinking about building your own home? This easy-to-follow guide shows you how to plan and build a beautiful home on any budget. From acquiring land to finding the best architect to overseeing the construction, you get lots of savvy tips on managing your new investment wisely and staying sane during the process!
Discover how to:
- Find the best homesite
- Navigate the plan approval process
- Obtain financing
- Hire the right contractor
- Cut design and construction costs
- Avoid common mistakes
About the Author
Kevin Daum has 22 years of experience in the real estate and mortgage industry. He is founder and CEO of Stratford Financial Services, and is the leading expert in custom home financing. Daum has financed more than 800 custom homes and has published numerous articles on construction financing,mortgage education, and entrepreneurship.
Janice Brewster served as editor of Log Home Living magazine for five years. Brewster has been involved in the custom home industry for more than 10 years.
Peter Economy is Associate Editor for the Drucker Foundation's award-winning magazine Leader to Leader and a featured expert for AllBusiness.com. He's the coauthor of the books Leadership Ensemble: Lessons in Collaborative Management from the World's Only Conductorless Orchestra, Strategic Tools for Social Entrepreneurs: Enhancing the Performance of Your Enterprising Nonprofit, and many others, including Consulting For Dummies, Home-Based Business For Dummies, and Raising Capital For Dummies.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
of the financial options.. I wonder if some of the financial options / suggestions would still be the same in a latter publications.
I wouldn't think so.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Do-It-Yourself
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Home Design > Design & Construction
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Household Hints
- Books > For Dummies Store > Home & Garden > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Home & Garden > Home Design
- Books > For Dummies Store > Home & Garden > How-to & Home Improvements
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007
- Featured Stores > Holiday Gifts