Bumbling Through Sumatra Perfect Paperback – May 10 2010
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
As Bob, Jon, and Akira set foot on Sumatra, an international mix of people would join in to give the story a number of interesting twists and turns. Apart from encountering sea pirates in the Strait of Malacca, playing guitar with the indigenous tribes of the Mentawai islands, and joining in the buffalo fights, the "ad hoc" backpacking journey from the sea to the land offers about some of the most interesting looks at the lives of the natives from their beliefs, customs, practices, foods, to modes of communication.
As an architect himself, Schmidt illustrated his readers the unique Malay architecture in the midst of the adventure, as well as the biodiversity of the region and yet the threat to nature as a result of a series of illegal deforestation activities there. Filled with beautiful illustrations and humorous in tone, Bumbling Through Sumatra has proven to be another delightful and valuable read.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Travel > Asia > Indonesia > Sumatra
- Books > Travel > Asia > Southeast
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Ecotourism