Having your own business isn’t the same as having customers, and one is useless without the other. Whether your business is a resale store or a high-tech consulting firm, a law office or a home cleaning service, in today’s competitive environment, strategic marketing is essential.
Small Business Marketing For Dummies, Second Edition is updated from the original version that won rave reviews and inspired thousands of small businesses on their way to becoming big businesses. Updates include more information on online marketing, a whole new section on getting and keeping customers, new cost-effective, fast-acting ideas for instant impact, and more. The book covers:
- Marketing basics that prepare you to rev up your business and jumpstart your marketing program
- Information to help you define your business position and brand
- Advice on bringing in professionals
- A quick-reference guide to mass media and a glossary of advertising jargon
- How-tos for creating print and broadcast ads that work
- Ideas for getting the word out without advertising, including information on direct mail, brochures, publicity, promotions, and more
- Ten steps to follow to build your own easy-to-assemble marketing plan
With pages of ideas for low-cost, high-impact marketing from author Barbara Findlay Schenck, a marketing consultant with more than 20 years experience with clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, Small Business Marketing For Dummies, Second Edition helps you reach and keep new customers. Whether you’re running a home office, a small firm, a family business, a nonprofit organization, or a retail operation, you’ll discover how to:
- Custom design your own marketing program
- Create effective marketing messages
- Produce marketing communications that work
No matter what field you’re in, Small Business Marketing For Dummies, 2nd Edition will help you make your dreams come true. If you buy it, read it, and implement some of the marketing strategies discussed, customers will come.