From the Back Cover
The quick and easy expert guide to learning C# programming
C# has become the number-one language for writing Windows and .NET applications, and is rapidly expanding into other areas. This 24-Hour Trainer is a quick-start guide to C# competence, with patient step-by-step instructions, easy-to-follow lessons, and plenty of hands-on practice. Designed for the true C# beginner, this new second edition includes the most current best practices and the latest C# standard, plus new coverage of mobile app design. Each chapter includes multiple screencasts that demonstrate important techniques for over 12 hours of video in all, and additional exercises with solutions to help new programmers quickly master their new skills.
C# 24-Hour Trainer, 2nd Edition:
- Walks through Visual Studio® basics, including controls, menus, dialogs, and forms, starting from a "no-experience" knowledge base
- Explains the use of variables, calculations, strings, arrays, and enumerations, including code debugging and working with dates and times
- Demonstrates program statement manipulation and error handling, with expert tricks for repetitive steps, making choices, and preventing bugs
- Details the use of objects and classes, including operators and interfaces that include system interactions like using files and printing
- Includes advanced guidance on localizing programs and programming databases
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
More than 12 hours of video training
Each lesson in this book is accompanied by online instructional demonstration videos to reinforce what you learn. Regardless of your learning style, you can now quickly master the basics and expand your skill set with this step-by-step multi-platform learning experience.
About the Author
Rod Stephens is a programming guru, C# specialist, and the author of 30 programming books covering C#, Java, VB, and more. His C# Helper website (www.csharphelper.com) is a trusted resource in the programming community, receiving tens of thousands of monthly hits for the helpful tips, tricks, and code for professional C# programmers. Rod has applied his expertise in diverse fields, from communications to professional sports training.