Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 23, 2011
Psychology themes and variations is a great introduction to the study of psychology. It is written in part by award winning university professor Doug McCann who makes the subject vibrant and entertaining. The text is easy to follow and the large quantity of pictures and thematic reminders makes it particularly useful for the visual learner. I still remember many of the vivid examples Doug and his writing partner Wayne Weiten offer in each chapter.
This is a Canadian text using Canadian examples in a Canadian context. If you are hoping to get a overview of the subject of psychology, you cannot make a better choice than this book. If you are interested in the subjects of consciousness, relational psychotherapy, meditation and hypnosis (elements I use today in my private practice) you will find this book supportive of these sometimes overlooked elements as both the medical model of psychotherapy and the relational model are explored fairly equally. I know from conversations with professor McCann, that his views on depression are that it is a relationally influenced condition, which perfectly suits the relational component of my work as a therapist today using psychodynamic psychotherapy, couples therapy and hypnotherapy ([...]). Good luck in your psychology studies, I hope you get to love this book as much as I have.
on May 24, 2013
The books arrived a couple of days after I ordered them and they were packaged beautifully. The books themselves are in mint condition. I am very impressed with Specialty Books of Saskatchewan and I would definitely recommend ordering from them.
on January 30, 2014
Great for my studies, in perfect condtition. Quick shipping and clean transaction. Definitely worth the discount price compared to a brand new textbook purchased from a University library.
on November 3, 2015
Quality is as expected for the hardcover and shipping was fast. From a students perspective, cheaper online versus in the bookstore.
on November 11, 2013
Very happy with it, saved tons of moneynot going to bookstore, light highlighting as mentioned in descrip, and it was in good shape
on October 17, 2012
I have found this book really interesting and informative. I have 2 small boys and have passed this book on to 4 other mothers!
on February 9, 2013
It is in good condition, and it just like a new one. Nice! Thanks! Need it for the school so couldn't wait for a long time.
on January 8, 2014
An excellent introduction to the field of psychology! I regularly reference this text when I want to look up something.
on February 10, 2012
The textbook is useful for my course but when the text arrived it was damaged during shipping. The shipping was quick
on October 7, 2015
expensive for old old old version