CEV New Testament Audio CDs Audio CD – Jan 1 2005
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It arrives on 13 audio compact disks, in individual paper sleeves, in a cardboard box. I think this is one of the better ways of transporting CDs in bulk.
Book names and chapter numbers are read out but not cross-headings. There are no introductions or any other spoken sections other than the bible text. This is how I think audio bibles should be.
There is music throughout but it is not intrusive. Its mood changes with the content and is quite creative at times. I prefer just voice to badly done music but I think this music is an asset.
Stephen Johnston has recorded many audio bibles and has a pleasant accent. The audio is recorded cleanly and well read but at a very fast pace - a common fault in audio bibles. Total audio time is 15h 59m.
The CEV is one of my favourite translations. I would like to see the Old Testament available as an audio bible as well.
I have found a major fault: Ephesians 6 is completely missing!
PROS: Translation, text, music, packaging, price.
CONS: Too fast, missing chapter.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Reference
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Religion & Spirituality > Bible
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Religion & Spirituality > General
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Bibles > Translations > Contemporary English
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Bibles > Translations > King James
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Books on CD
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Reference
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Comparative Religion