Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
CSI: The Complete Third Season (Bilingue) (Bilingual)
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Now firmly established as the top-rated television drama, by its third year CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is a show positively glowing with confidence. Even when individual cases seem either too contrived or too easily resolved, the indefatigable night shift at the Las Vegas PD crime lab always look the part, solving conundrums and discovering microscopic damning evidence while, apparently, never shedding their own loose hair or skin cells all over the supposedly quarantined crime scenes. In reality, Catherine Willows's flowing blonde locks would contaminate any evidence she collected, but in the world of CSI only the bad guys leave body parts behind--the CSIs themselves are so good they're positively pristine.
The 23 episodes of season 3 on this five-disc set present more deliciously bizarre situations for the problem-solving sleuths: cannibalism, snuff movies, dwarfs, death while drag racing, bodies falling from the sky, and various dismemberments all tax the team's acumen. These are all double or multiple-case episodes, though in a characteristic trick of the writing sometimes apparently unrelated murders turn out to be connected (or vice versa, as in "Blood Lust," in which a road-accident victim is not what he seems, and the death of the driver at the hands of an angry mob is made all the more tragic). The mix of genuine forensic science with the glossiest Jerry Bruckheimer production values, plus the virtues of a good ensemble cast headed by William Peterson's modern-day Sherlock Holmes, remains as compelling as ever. --Mark Walker --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
*Episode 302: "Revenge is Best Served Cold"
**Episode 301: "The Accused is Entitled"
Episode 303: "Let the Seller Beware"
Episode 304: "A Little Murder"
Episode 306: "Abra Cadaver"
Episode 305: "The Execution of Catherine Willows"
***Episode 307: "Fright Night" (Emmy Award Winning Episode)
^Episode 308: "Snuff"
Episode 309: "Blood Lust"
Episode 310: "High and Low"
Episode 311: "Recipe For Murder"
Episode 312: "Got Murder?"
+Episode 313: "Random Acts of Violence"
Episode 314: "One Hit Wonder"
~Episode 315: "Lady Heather's Box"
Episode 316: "Lucky Strike"
Episode 317: "Crash and Burn"
Episode 318: "Precious Metal"
Episode 319: "A Night At The Movies"
Episode 320: "Last Laugh"
Episode 321: "Forever"
Episode 322: "Play With Fire"
Episode 323: "Inside The Box"
*- Featuring audio commentary by Danny Cannon and Anthony E.Read more ›
Even though C.S.I. had two plotlines that never worked in season three (Grissom's hearing loss, and Sara lusting over Grissom), this season contains some of the best C.S.I.'s yet. When the personal lives of the C.S.I's combine with the cases they are working on, you get some of the best acting out of this distinguished group of actors. The plotline of Eddie Willows' death, and how it effects Catherine is probably one of the most gripping ones of the season. Also, when Warrick puts his personal feelings for the victim, someone's daughter from his past, ahead of his criminalistic objectivity we see how fragile he really is.
In most every C.S.I. episode, there is an "A" story and a "B" story. At times, you wish that the C.S.I. writers would use only one story at a time, as it could get confusing. But other then that, I cannot find any horrific flaws.
Jerry Bruckheimer continues his reign as the modern day Jack Webb with his series "Cold Case", and "Without a Trace". The C.S.I. Miami and now New York series are watering down the name, but Bruckheimer continues to turn out hit after hit. Go with this C.S.I. season for a great DVD set.
=>23 Uncut episodes
=>over five hours of special features.
Audio commentary with cast and crew on Episodes:
"Revenge Is Best Served Cold"
"The Accused Is Entitled"
"Random Acts of Violence"
"Lady Heather's Box"
5 Exclusive Featurettes:
The CSI Tour: Police Station
The CSI Shot: Making It Real
The Writers Room
CSI Moves Into Season Three
Crime Scene Field Kit
Here is an episode guide, with a tiny description:
1. Revenge Is Best Served Cold: A poker player dies during a high-stakes game. A dragster is found dead at an airstrip.
2. The Accused Is Entitled: An actor is suspected of killing a hooker found in his hotel room. His lawyer hires Grissom's former mentor to find mistakes in CSI's work.
3. Let The Seller Beware: A wealthy couple's bodies are found at their home. Sara investigates the death of a cheeleader whose organs have been removed.
4. A Little Murder: A dwarf is found hanging at a Little People's convention. Catherine is attacked at a crime scene.
5. Abra Cadaver: A volunteer disappears during a magic act. A rock star appears to have overdosed.
6. The Execution Of Catherine Willows: A man on death row is granted a stay based on DNA evidence.
7. Fight Night: A boxing champ dies during a match. A gang member is shot. A jewelry store is robbed.
8. Snuff: A movies shows a woman being murdered. A long-dead body is found.
9.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Came in good condition. Their was no scratches or damage to the product.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I love it ! great show and nice case too! I like the face there's no commercials :) I would recommended this show .Published on April 11 2014 by Sherri Lamoureux
The title tells all I think this was the best series so far.
really enjoyed the 90min special 'lady heathers box'
Can't wait for season 4
bring it on
Even if you don't like this programme (how could you not???), it's worth buying simply to watch George Eads the whole way through. He's so hot. Read morePublished on May 28 2004
With stand alone stories, you could walk right into season three no problem. So much better than Alias or anything else in it's class. Read morePublished on May 27 2004 by doppelganger
As in the other two series of CSI,1 wish there was subtitles as well ,since we bought the first two that way I didnot even check if this one had or not... Read more
Season 3, in my opinion, moved CSI back to being the best drama series on the networks. The episodes are fresh, thrilling, and puzzling enough to keep viewers entranced. Read morePublished on April 22 2004 by purpleplay
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Drama
- Movies & TV > En français > Action, Aventure, Policier et Thriller > Policier et Thriller
- Movies & TV > En français > Drame
- Movies & TV > En français > Téléséries, Documentaires & Divers > Les séries par années > Années 2000
- Movies & TV > En français > Téléséries, Documentaires & Divers > Séries policières > Experts (Les)
- Movies & TV > Mystery & Suspense > Crime
- Movies & TV > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Drama
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Mystery & Suspense