CURRENT Surgical Diagnosis & Treatment Paperback – Dec 20 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Doherty and Way (surgery, U. of Michigan and U. of California, San Francisco, respectively) bring together 47 chapters by surgeons and medical practitioners from the US who discuss the diagnosis and treatment of about 1000 diseases and disorders. The focus is on major diagnostic features and brief descriptions of disease processes. Epidemiology, pathophysiology, pathology, and general medical and surgical topics are incorporated. Chapters are grouped by organ system as well as by topics such as preparation, postoperative care, surgical complications, and pediatric surgery. This edition has been updated to cover modern surgical care, including colon/rectal surgery, and new information on power sources in the operating room. The chapter on special problems, including pregnancy and older patients, has been rewritten. Other revisions are to chapters on injured patients, the esophagus and diaphragm, the liver and portal venus systems, oncology, and organ transplantation." Sci-Tech Book News 20061201
About the Author
Gerard M. Doherty, MD is the N.W. Thompson Professor of Endocrine Surgery; Chief, Division of Endocrine Surgery; and Section Head, General Surgery, in the Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Top Customer Reviews
The somethings inside looks better without any writing mark,highlight and joggling .Delivery tends to be earlier than expected.
I value it more than expected...
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Diagnosis
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Surgery
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Physician & Patient > Diagnosis
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Surgery
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Diagnosis
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Surgery > General