Compare Offers on Amazon
Call the Midwife: Season Two
|You Save:||$4.67 (11%)|
Frequently bought together
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Language : English
- Product Dimensions : 19.05 x 13.59 x 1.4 cm; 136.08 Grams
- Canadian Home Video Rating : Parental Guidance (PG)
- Item model number : 393875
- Director : Various
- Media Format : NTSC, Subtitled
- Run time : 5 hours and 55 minutes
- Release date : June 18 2013
- Actors : Various
- Subtitles: : English
- Studio : BBC Home Entertainment
- ASIN : B00BIR2A3E
- Number of discs : 3
- Best Sellers Rank: #8,995 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
- Customer Reviews:
Call the Midwife: Season Two (BBC/DVD)
* Includes the 2012 Christmas Special * Interviews with cast and crew
From the manufacturer
They Delivered Hope for All
In the 1950s in the East End of London, a group of dedicated nurses and Anglican nuns at Nonnatus House strive to help poor working-class women as they bring new lives into the world. Season 2 of Call the Midwife follows their stories as they continue to face daily challenges and unexpected traumas. From heartwarming to heartbreaking, this award-winning series has captivated both BBC and PBS Masterpiece audiences.
Nonnatus House was named after St. Raymond Nonnatus, the patron saint of pregnant women and childbirth.
The series author pegged Miranda Hart for the role of Chummy Brown long before the show was even filmed because she so closely resembled the character described in the memoirs.
Pam Ferris, who plays Sister Evangelina, played the role of a midwife in another film, Children of Men.
Absorbing Historical Drama
- Based on the bestselling memoirs of Jennifer Worth, the real Jenny Lee
- Full-length, 60-minute UK episodes are 10 minutes longer than those shown in the U.S.
- Includes the 2012 Christmas special, plus interviews with cast and crew
- Available as a 3-disc DVD or 2-disc Blu-ray set
Meet the Cast
Nurse Jenny Lee (Jessica Raine)
At just 22, Jenny was totally unprepared for what she would encounter as a midwife, but she comes to understand and care for her patients.
Sister Julienne (Jenny Agutter)
The most experienced midwife, Sister Julienne is the person who holds Nonnatus House and its residents together.
Sister Monica Joan (Judy Parfitt)
Sister Monica Joan was one of the first British women to become a midwife. Now retired, she contines to reside at Nonnatus House.
Dr. Turner (Stephen McGann)
The community’s local doctor, Turner assists the staff at Nonnatus House in providing the best care for their expectant patients.
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
And of course the humour was a great leavener when the scenes were a little difficult.
Loved every minute - heart warming.
Americans beware. This high level of authenticity may not appeal to your fantasy world tastes.
Top reviews from other countries
regarding delivery no problems at all thank you
also the series is fantastic