Calligraphy For Dummies Paperback – Apr 20 2007
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
From the Back Cover
- Practice using a variety of alphabets and styles
- Hone your calligraphic skills
- Combine letter art with other forms of artistic expression
- Get answers on where to go to get ink and paper
From Italic to Roman to Uncial create calligraphic alphabets with ease
For many people, calligraphy is something they admire from afar, but don't believe they could ever do it themselves. Nothing could be further from the truth! Practice is the key to becoming a good calligrapher, and that 's what this book is all about. Open it and you'll find easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions in all the basics, from choosing the right pens and paper and holding the pen properly to using calligraphy to create six beautiful alphabets. Plus, there are plenty of creative projects for putting your skills into action. With just a little practice every day, you'll be well on your way to doing calligraphy with style!
The simple, sure-fire approach to learning calligraphy
How to use pen tips of various sizes and shapes
Ways to embellish and personalize your lettering
How to add a special touch to stationery, journals, diaries, correspondence, plaques, and more
Exercises for practicing your skills with confidence
THE DUMMIES WORKBOOK WAY
Hands-on practice exercises
Ample workspace to test your skills
A dash of humor and fun
- Find listings of all our books
- Choose from many different subject categories
- Sign up for eTips at
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I would have given this book five out of five, were it not for the fact that I really have nothing else to compare it to. As well as the fact that the pages are not really suited to practise on as they are of a newsprint type quality. For those who wish to begin with calligraphy, I suggest using this book to get started with without reservation.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Calligraphy
- Books > Arts & Photography > Instructional & How-To > Calligraphy
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Handwriting
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Books > For Dummies Store > Arts & Photography
- Books > For Dummies Store > Education > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Home & Garden > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > For Dummies Store > Home & Garden > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Writing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference