- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Cambridge Companion to Verdi Paperback – Dec 13 2004
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'...offers many hours of thoroughly delectable and mostly instructive reading.' Nineteenth-Century Music Review
This Companion provides a biographical, theatrical, and social-cultural background for Verdi's operas, examines in detail important general aspects of its style and method of composing, and synthesizes stylistic themes in discussions of representative works. Aspects of Verdi's milieu, style, creative process, and critical reception are explored in essays by highly reputed specialists. Like others in the series this Companion is aimed primarily at students and opera lovers.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Biographies
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Composers > Verdi
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Opera
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Opera
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Songwriting
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Music