- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Canadian Snowbird Guide: Everything You Need to Know about Living Part-Time in the USA and Mexico Paperback – Nov 7 2007
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Canadian Snowbird Guide has been a national best-seller since its first publication in 1992. Now in its fourth edition, the guide is bigger and better than ever as it keeps pace with Canadian Showbirds who are wintering beyond traditional destinations. Snowbirds are also spending more time outside Canada and need to know the rules and regulation for extended stays when it comes to health insurance needs and ensuring their finances and estate planning are in proper order.
Here are a few of the key topics and innovative ideas that The Canadian Snowbird Guide covers:
- Financial planning for your extended stay in the Sunbelt
- What you need to know about immigration and customs procedures when travelling to the United States
- Options for out-of-country medical insurance coverage
- Taking care of your insurance needs for your car, condo, or RV
- Ensuring your will and trust are updated
- The do's and don'ts of buying real estate in the Sunbelt
- Tax-planning strategies when living part-time in the United States
- Using a home exchange strategy to help cover the costs of your time in the sun
- Snowbirding in Mexico
- What you need to know if you plan to live permanently outside Canada
- Forms and checklists to help you organize your trip
Snowbirds can plan their trips south with confidence and peace of mind knowing that all the housekeeping detailed have been attended to. But don't leave home without taking The Canada Snowbird Guide along—it's an essential reference guide to enjoy your stay in the sun!
About the Author
Douglas Gray, LL.B. (Vancouver, B.C.) formerly a practicing lawyer, morphed into a consultant, columnist, speaker, and author of 24 bestselling Canadian books on real estate, small business, and personal finance. He is the author of many popular real estate books, including Making Money in Real Estate, Real Estate Investing for Dummies for Canadians, and 101 Streetsmart Condo Buying Tips for Canadians. His website is: www.snowbird.ca
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is an excellent book. Very practical and easy to read and packed full of helpful ideas, advice, and invaluable tips. I would highly recommend it to any existing or potential Snowbird, or those who know one.
Booked helped understand basic things better, I'm sure there are books with more targeted content though.
Most recent customer reviews
This book is very well written, clear and helpful to all Canadian Snowbird. A must read to stay ahead of the game.Published on May 17 2014 by Sylvain Gagne
This book is a must for any (in my case) canadian who is looking at purchasing property in the USAPublished on March 13 2014 by harry ridge
The book covered every question I could of thought of.......& more! A bit too much emphasis on issues regarding purchasing property.Published on Sept. 22 2013 by Linda Fournier
Excellent reading and well organized review of all issues relating to Canadian Seniors and not so Senior relocating to Florida.Published on Feb. 27 2012 by Coyote
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Personal Finance > Estate Planning
- Books > Business & Investing > Personal Finance > Retirement Planning
- Books > Business & Investing > Real Estate > Commercial
- Books > Business & Investing > Real Estate > Investments
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Travel > Latin America > Mexico
- Books > Travel > United States > Regions