Cancer in Children and Young People Paperback – Apr 21 2008
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
¿Quieres informarnos sobre un precio más bajo?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Although rare, there are more than 1700 new cases of cancer each year in children and young people aged between 0-24 years. As a specific group in need of cancer care, children, young people and their families require quality care underpinned by knowledge and increasing expertise. This book presents an up-to-date and contemporary approach to the treatment and care of children and young people who have cancer.
Written by experienced practising contributors, Cancer in Children and Young People examines chemotherapy, haematopoietic stem cell transplantation, general surgery, radiotherapy and the late effects of cancer therapies.
Specifically it includes:
- Chemotherapy, administration issues, side effects and oncology emergencies
- Stem cell transplantation; potential complications, staff support, discharge planning and psychosocial issues for the family post stem cell transplant
- Commentary from an experienced practitioners
- In-depth exploration of key areas
This book is ideal for all nurses working in paediatric oncology centres, paediatric oncology shared care units, community children’s nurses and nurses working with young people with cancer in tertiary, secondary and primary health-care. Cancer in Children and Young People will also benefit practice nurses, district nurses, allied health professionals and student nurses.
About the Author
Faith Gibson, M.A., is Emeritus Professor of Social Work in the University of Ulster, Northern Ireland. She holds degrees in psychology, education, and social work and is a graduate of the Universities of Sydney, Queensland, and Chicago. While a student at the School of Social Service Administration at the University of Chicago, she received awards from the University of Chicago and the American Association of University Women as well as a Fulbright travel award. While her earlier social work career was in the child care field Faith Gibson has been interested in social work practice, policy, research, and reaching concerned with social work, social gerontology dementia care, and reminiscence theory and practice.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Oncology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pediatrics
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Oncology & Cancer
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Pediatric & Neonatal
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Oncology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Oncology & Cancer
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Pediatric & Neonatal
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pediatrics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Pediatrics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Oncology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Pediatric & Neonatal
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > General