Caring for Llamas and Alpacas: A Health & Management Guide Spiral-bound – Jun 1996
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
My only reservation in recommending this book is the outdated emphasis (by sheer volume of information) on how to make more llamas, which is neither appropriate for beginners nor an ethical activity considering the overabundance of cheap, grade, and crossbred llamas today. Likewise, the outdated misinformation about how young male llamas may grow up to misdirect their territorial aggression at humans (unhelpfully labeled "berserk" and attributed only to handled male crias in the book) may lead naive readers astray.
Buy this book for the terrific care and health information; look elsewhere for llama behavior and training information.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Animal Care & Pets
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Animals
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Agriculture