Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Casablanca (2-Disc Special Edition) (Sous-titres français) [Import]
|List Price:||CDN$ 34.98|
|You Save:||CDN$ 27.98 (80%)|
Today Only: The Magic School Bus: The Complete Series is $25
Deal of the Day: The Magic School Bus: The Complete Series is at a one day special price. Offer valid on July 25, 2016, applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.ca, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.ca site. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Considered by many to be the greatest Hollywood movie ever made, this WW2 classic takes place in war-torn Casablanca and tells the tale of mysterious nightclub owner Bogart and his old Flame (Bergman), her husband, underground leader (Heinreid), and other skeletons from his past. Won 3 Oscars - Best Picture, Director, and Screenplay.
A truly perfect movie, the 1942 Casablanca still wows viewers today, and for good reason. Its unique story of a love triangle set against terribly high stakes in the war against a monster is sophisticated instead of outlandish, intriguing instead of garish. Humphrey Bogart plays the allegedly apolitical club owner in unoccupied French territory that is nevertheless crawling with Nazis; Ingrid Bergman is the lover who mysteriously deserted him in Paris; and Paul Heinreid is her heroic, slightly bewildered husband. Claude Rains, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre, and Conrad Veidt are among what may be the best supporting cast in the history of Hollywood films. This is certainly among the most spirited and ennobling movies ever made.--Tom Keogh --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Triple-Oscar-winning "Casablanca," directed by Michael Curtiz, was and still is without question Bogart's greatest career-defining moment, the movie on which his legendary status is grounded more than on any other of his multiple other successes. The film's story is based on Murray Burnett and Joan Alison's play "Everybody Comes to Rick's," renamed by Warner Brothers in order to tag onto the success of the studio's 1938 hit "Algiers" (starring Charles Boyer and Hedy Lamarr). Building on the success of 1941's "The Maltese Falcon" and further expanding Bogart's increasingly complex on-screen personality, it added a romantic quality which had heretofore been missing; eventually making this the AFI's Top 20th century love story (even before the No.Read more ›
Here we also stay for a while to watch a drama unfold. There are overlapping stories. One of a young couple trying to get to America and the girl wondering if a girl should have to do something was wondering what would happen if her husband, "a boy in many ways", would find out? A second rate crook obtains something of value at the expense of two germane curriers. A Police Captain shocked to find there is gambling going on at Rick's. Many other stories surround the main theme of a love triangle that started in Paris and now can mean so much to individuals or the effort for freedom.
Will the Nazi's win their prize?
Will Capt. Renault get the girl?
Will Rick get away with Ilsa?
This film has become quite a classic. There are many quotes and misquotes attributed to the film. You will find your self kibitzing. One memorable seen for all is the showdown where the Germans are singing "Watch on the Rhine" and Yvonne (Madeleine LeBeau) over powers them leading the "La Marseillaise."
|Length: 0:41 Mins|
- Blu-Ray Movie + Special Features
- Blu-Ray Bonus w/ 3 Documentaries
- DVD Movie
- Collectible Book
- Poster (approx. 21" x 15") - folded to fit in box.
- Set of themed drink coasters
Please see video for pictures of the set.
As a stand alone product this is a good way to learn the background of the actors, the way the film was made, and the subtle features you may not have known about the cast, e.g. the majority of the cast had fled Europe as the darkness of war rolled over the continent.
Another bonus, is the total film review by Roger Ebert, scene by scene, in his voice which was made some time ago. Ebert, an excellent film reviewer has since lost his physical voice to cancer and it's good to hear him again.
The price is fair, but the packaging left a lot to be desired as an "Anniversary" piece.
Regardless, Casablanca can still bring a tear to a patriots' or lovers' eye!
Most recent customer reviews
What can be said about a Hollywood classic?
A must watch, and a must have for any cinephile.
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Animation > Feature Films
- Movies & TV > Classics > Classic Stars > Humphrey Bogart
- Movies & TV > Classics > Classic Stars > Ingrid Bergman
- Movies & TV > Classics > Drama
- Movies & TV > Classics > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Romantic Comedies
- Movies & TV > Drama > Classics
- Movies & TV > Drama > Love & Romance > Love Triangle
- Movies & TV > Drama > Love & Romance > Romance
- Movies & TV > En français > Action, Aventure, Policier et Thriller > Films historiques
- Movies & TV > En français > Action, Aventure, Policier et Thriller > Guerre
- Movies & TV > En français > Comédie > Comédies dramatiques
- Movies & TV > En français > Comédie > Comédies romantiques
- Movies & TV > En français > Comédie > Histoires vraies
- Movies & TV > En français > Drame > Drames historiques
- Movies & TV > En français > Drame > Drames romantiques
- Movies & TV > En français > Drame > Histoires vraies
- Movies & TV > En français > Enfants, Jeunesse et Famille > Animation
- Movies & TV > En français > Enfants, Jeunesse et Famille > Films > Comédie
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Classics
- Movies & TV > Military & War > World War II