Case Files Internal Medicine, Third Edition Paperback – Jul 14 2009
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Eugene C. Toy, MD (series editor and author) is a dual certified family physician and obstetrician-gynecologist and is Academic Chief and Program Director for the Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at The Methodist Hospital/University of Texas—Houston Medical School in Houston, Texas. He oversees the ob/gyn clerkship and is actively involved in teaching medical students.
John T. Patlan, MD is Assistant Professor of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine and heads the Department of Emergency Medicine at the MD Anderson Cancer Center, both located in Houston, Texas.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I don't believe that it contains all of the information that you need to know, or for that matter, should know for your future. I do believe that it takes the critical concepts of diagnosis and management that you need for the shelf exam, and that you need to build a foundation on in further studies.
I used this text during the final week of my rotation, as a study guide for the shelf. Previously in the rotation I had read Step-up To Medicine once through. This book, used properly, allows for practice in the type of questions you'll be asked on the shelf. I also found that with 55 cases, every major disease that I was asked about was covered in this text in sufficient detail to answer the questions. Gives you the amount of information you'd need to know in the real world to speak intelligently with someone about a disease and it's treatment.
Worth every penny and then some as both a study guide and a quick read to refresh your knowledge base at any time.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Test Preparation & Review
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Education & Training > Test Preparation & Review
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > Reference > Medical
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Internal Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Test Preparation & Review