Caves of the Canadian Rockies and the Columbia Mountains Paperback – Jan 1 2010
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Most of Jon's cave exploration is with members of the Alberta Speleleological Society (ASS). He has been on caving expeditions to Mexico amd Central America. Jon currently works as an independent environmental consultant specializing in karst management, and as Mountain Activities Co-ordinator for the Alpine Club of Canada. For the last 15 years Jon has operated Canadian Rockies Cave Guiding.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
From reading it:
This is one of the most comprehensive cave guides I have seen for an area giving maps, photos and solid descriptions.
The photos are excellent and make this book worthwhile on their own. A good summary of cave fomation and geology is included for many of the caves.
American cavers generally frown on this sort of book, but with luck the remoteness of these caves will prevent vandelism.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Mountaineering > Excursion Guides
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Mountaineering > Mountain Climbing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Mountaineering & Climbing > Excursion Guides
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Mountaineering & Climbing > Mountain Climbing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Spelunking
- Books > Travel > Canada > Provinces > British Columbia
- Books > Travel > North America
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure > Mountaineering