Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (Widescreen Unrated Special Edition) (Bilingual) [Import]
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The "Angels", three investigative agents (Barrymore, Diaz and Liu) who work for the Charles Townsend Detective Agency, return for another high-octane series of adventures as they investigate the theft of a database of witness protection profiles, after five of the people on the list are murdered. They're aided by a new Bosley (Bernie Mac), in an adventure which pits them against a "fallen angel" (Moore), their old nemesis, the Thin Man (Glover), and others.
Outstanding picture and sound plus tons of features make Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle a fully loaded DVD. Don't expect more T&A in the unrated edition, however. The only difference is glimpses of more intense violence in a few of the fight scenes. For example, in the theatrical version you'll see an angel flying through the air, but in the unrated version you'll then see her lying expressionless on the ground. Also, blood flies out of Drew Barrymore's mouth in one scene. On his commentary track, director McG discusses inside jokes, visual effects, and shots that didn't quite work for him. Like a TV sportscaster, he uses a telestrator, but only to occasionally circle items of interest or draw arrows. There's also an amusing commentary track by the three writers, who chuckle over inside jokes and discuss how the film was changed from the original script. They preface their comments with: "I guess they asked us to do this just to prove that writers worked on this movie." "Who are we kidding? Who's listening to this right now?"
If you want still more info, there's a trivia track with pop-up factoids with occasional links to more featurettes, a jukebox that offers clips of 11 songs and explanations of why they were picked, a cameo-graphy that offers clips of 13 personalities and why we should know them, and eight 4- to 18-minute featurettes exploring such topics as stunts, vehicles, costumes, and the Pussycat Dolls dance troupe. And in the next evolution of product placement, the DVD-ROM "Shop the Scene" feature allows you to search for a character's outfit or gadget then buy it online. --David Horiuchi
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, meanwhile, took millions of dollars, reasonable (I'll go no further) talent and acting ability, and no coherence or plot, and churned out the worst pile of crap I have ever had the misfortune to be in the same room as.
From the moment the film opens, you know your braincells are doomed. The idiocy-rays beaming from the screen penetrate through your eyes and you suffer the anguished screams of your braincells dying as all logic is stripped away.
And despite what anyone else says, I was resolutely unattracted to the Angels; I find it impossible to like someone whose idea of a snappy line is 'Just once I'd like to leave a bar by the door.' Throughout the movie you can hear the original Angels spinning in their graves. And if they're not dead, this movie will kill them off.
1) If you could enjoy the first movie you should be able to enjoy this one. It was the same comedy/action found in the first but with a bit more sensuality.
2) Speaking about sensuality, it did get tiring after a while seeing all the butt and cleavage shots. It is like McG had to add a little something more than the first movie and he opted for more sex instead of better story. Too bad, which is why I knocked this rating down.
3) He did try to get a bit more characterization going by introducing a past to Barrymore's character and Lui's character. Cameron's character doesn't have so much as a past as an attempt to develop her continuing relationship with Wilson. Overall, I like the attempt made at deepening the characters. Whether the attempt was successful or not is a matter of opinion.
4) Demi Moore, was great! Her raspy voice and great 40+yr old chisled body didn't seem at all out of place in a movie dominated by 20 year old women. Hats off to Demi.
OVERALL: I'm glad I rented it and didn't see it at the going movie theater rate. Will I own it? Probably not because my wife didn't like it at all and I thought it was only a tad better than GOOD, but far from GREAT. If they come out a with a third installment to the series I will definitely watch, but I won't be holding my breath for it. This is a take it or leave it flick.
Who cares if it's over the top? That's part of the fun, no?
- Yes, it's over the top, but in a fun way.
- The CSI parody is hilarious.
- It's got fast cars.
- It's well filmed.
- It's sort of retro styled, but in a modern way (?).
- It's got some good fight scenes.
- It's got some good bikini scenes.
- The Angels are HOT!
- That scene with the close up of Cameron Diaz's twirling behind has to be the single-most sexy picture in the history of movie-making.
- And Lucy Liu is of course a fox. Period.
Yeah, too bad Bill Murray's not in it, but then Bernie Mac does a good job.
This is a good "Friday night movie". You know? When you've been working all week and you're dog-tired and all you wanna do is crash on the couch with a cold one?
That's when you need to watch this movie. It'll perk you right up again.
So don't take yourself so seriously (that's how you get lines on your forehead!) and enjoy this piece of entertainment!
Most recent customer reviews
great movie. I enjoy all kinds of movies except horror. Hope to do more business in the future. Take carePublished on June 27 2013 by Daphne White
Excited to get this product. Arrived at a reasonable time. Haven't watched it yet, but is sealed so should be in mint conditionPublished on Sept. 16 2011 by Stellar13
Mere words cannot describe just how awful this movie is. While I was certainly not expecting Shakespeare in the Park, I did expect something resembling a storyline and dialogue... Read morePublished on July 18 2004 by Meerkat
Not a bad film. Very cheesy in places, tons of extremely bad puns, even more bad one-liners. Out of this world martial arts (IOW, stuff no one on this planet could possibly do),... Read morePublished on July 11 2004 by TommyElf
"Charlie's Angels: Full Throatal" is the sequal to the suprise hit "Charlie's Angels". Read morePublished on July 7 2004 by Vagabond77
yup this movie really really rocks. and this movie has very hot girls and nonstop action which makes this movie perfect.Published on July 3 2004 by Xtreme
this movie i would say is marvelous. and is so much better than the first one.Published on July 3 2004 by onimusha pt 3
thsi movie was a trillion times better than hollywood homiside. since the acting from harison ford is not as good as his prior movies.Published on July 3 2004 by onimusha pt 3
this movie is a billion times better than chicago. since the movie has boring dancing and the movie had me tearing.Published on July 3 2004 by onimusha pt 3
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Comic Action
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Crime
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > En français > Action, Aventure, Policier et Thriller > Action
- Movies & TV > En français > Action, Aventure, Policier et Thriller > Policier et Thriller
- Movies & TV > En français > Comédie > Comédies policières
- Movies & TV > En français > Téléséries, Documentaires & Divers > Les films
- Movies & TV > En français > Téléséries, Documentaires & Divers > Les séries par années > Années 70
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery