Chicago Then and Now (Compact) Flexibound – Apr 15 2007
There is a newer edition of this item:
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Elizabeth McNulty (San Diego) often returns to Chicago to visit friends and colleagues.
Top Customer Reviews
On the positive side, many of Chicago's key spots are targeted, such as the Water Tower, the stockyards and Hull House, and the paragraphs that accompany each picture do convey a lot of interesting information.
If you are interested in Chicago or urban history you will undoubtedly still enjoy this volume, but lower your expectations a bit before the book arrives so you won't be disappointed.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Besides the familiar Chicago landmarks, this book contains some pictures of churches. I especially appreciated the photos of St. Ignatius Church and St. Stanislaus Kostka Church.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Collections, Catalogues & Exhibitions
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Travel > United States
- Books > Education & Reference > Genealogy > United States > Illinois
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > United States
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > History
- Books > Travel > United States > States > Illinois