countdown boutiques-francophones home Kindle Luxury Beauty Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on November 18, 2003
Chicken soup for the teenage soul has got to be the best collection of books that I've read. This book is full of small storys about teens getting through hard times and teens going through the best times of their life. This book was especially good because I can relate to some of the storys. Some of them made me cry because they were sad, and others made me cry because they were so happy. There are over 101 testemonies of Teenagers in this book. There were some people who wrote the storys in the book where I just sat back and thought, 'wow, that sounds like me'. The book offered some good advice to some things I was going through. Chicken soup for the Teenage Soul III made a lot of sense too. All the storys were Non-fiction and they really sounded like it too. Not everyone fell and love and married the same person, someone could be heartbroken because their one true love didn't love them back. I recommend this book for anyone that would seem interested in reading it. In summary this book is written by teens for teens about the hardships and loves of life.
on April 25, 2000
I really enjoy Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul books...I was really excited for the 3rd one. And while this book was touching, uplifiting, and enlightening, It didn't live up to the first few Teenage Soul Books. I didn't think it was as good as the first or second books. Most of the issues covered in it's stories weren't as moving....and a lot of the stories lacked clear endings or had dissapointing, anticlimatic endings. With the first and second books, I felt uplifted, touched, and moved after finishing a story...but I didn't get that feeling as much with this book. And all the "Tough Stuff" stories (at least most of them) were about serious illnesses or deaths of friends or family....none were about depressed or disturbed teens or dealt with anyting that a lot of teens deal with on a day to day basis. I just felt the book couldv'e covered more subject area. And I wish there had been more poems...I love poems. While I'm enjoying this book and reading the stories, I'm not as crazy about it as I was about the first couple of Teenage Soul Books. I don't regret buying this book...it's awesome. Yet it could be better. But anyway....I give it 4 stars. And I DO recommend this book to teens everywhere....Buy it. You won't be disappointed.
on December 17, 2001
This collection of stories that pretain the teenage experiences is divided up into nine sections. They are relationships, friendship, the power of love, family, lessons, tough stuff, overcoming obstacles, self discovery, and growing up. All of these are issues that teens struggle with and have joy with. This book brings together stories from actual teen writers for about 101 testimonies. I found this book particulary touching becuase so many of the stories parallel what has happened to me. One story called "When Forever Ends," tells about losing friends with age. Another essay inspired me in my dancing and Sparklers. It is called, "Winner." It talks about life, endurance, and dedication. Though the book is long, it was a very easy read because it was so entertaining and inspiring. These stories inspire me to go out into the world and act on life, and make somthing interesting happen to me like it did to the teen authors in this book. I am looking forward to buying Chicken Soup for the Soul IV.
on February 24, 2002
It's amazing how much emotion can be communicated through the written word. Since the inception of the Chicken Soup for the
Soul series, millions of Americans have gained a deeper understanding of themselves through the hundreds of stories included in these books. Authors Canfield, Hansen, and Kirberger have illuminated a fire within their readers. The faithful readers of this popular series have turned to the stories of their fellow man to find inspiration, hope, and emotion within themselves.
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III, like its predecessors, was jam-packed with stories by teenagers and for teenagers. We, as
teens, learn through these stories of love, despair, and triumph that the splendor of life equally comes from our encounters of love, despair, and triumph. It is through experiencing these three things that life becomes richer and we become happier.
The sections of this book each touch an area of life sacred to teens: relationships, friendships, love, tough times, and growing up. Seeing other teens deal with these dilemmas encourages us to hold onto life's experiences and LEARN from them. It is through this learning process that we truly mature and find ourselves.
on July 27, 2003
Yet another Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul has been put on the shelves for teenagers' to read and enjoy. These stories are even more heartfelt than the previous ones and talk about even more issues that teenagers have to face every day. Stories ranging from how to deal with handicaps and sicknesses, such as bulimia and depression; standing up for what you believe in; coping with your parent's divorce, the death of a close one and the ever-so-popular stories about love, friendship and family.
Though Jennifer Love Hewitt and other role models did not contribute stories, what compensate for this is that more and more stories are realistic basically because a big majority of them have been written BY teens and these young authors have kept in mind that this book will be FOR teenagers.
I strongly encourage any teenager going through tough times or pre-teens that want to prepare themselves for the tough times ahed of them, to read this book. Whether it is to give you hope and courage, to mend your broken heart, or simply to share the happy stories with your best friend, it is a book that can be read at any occasion and it is sure to help you and comfort you.
on September 13, 2001
Chicken Soup for the Soul books have always been my favorite. The ones specifically made for teenagers I can relate to a lot. Each time I read one, I understand that I'm not alone and that other people are going through the same things that I am. Each section has a different story that I can realte to in some way.
In the Relationship Section, I related to a story about a girl who had just had her first heartbreak over a crush. It reminded me of my first crush and the knowledge and growth I experienced because of that. Even though you never really get over your first crush, you learn what it's like to love and what pain is. The friendship section talks about the good times and bad between friends. No matter how bad the struggle we face our friends and families with always be there for us. In the section about families, stories were told about what it's like to have someone always there for you.
Stories of how love will always prevail through the worst of times are shared in the power of love chapter. Lessons are the hardest thing to learn in life, as one girl learns that just because her mom has a thick foreign accent, doesn't mean that she's going to be judged by it. Another lesson learned in the lessons section was that you should always tell somebody you love them before it's too late. Tough Stuff happens in life, in this chapter stories are told about the tragedy of Columbine and how to cope with the death of a love one.
Obstacles can be overcome. Even through cancer and anorexia, those you never give up will survive. Self-Discovery talks about how through events and people you will and do discover your true self. The chapter on growing up talks about how we can all face our fears and "grow up."
I thought this was an excellent book and highly recommend it to every teenager. Each person who reads this book will somehow be touched by a story. I have every Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul and cannot wait for the next one to come out.
on May 29, 2000
I give this book 5 stars. I didn't realize there were all those people out there who have experienced so many of the same feelings as I have. The writers of "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III" have inspired these people to write their stories, and send them in, so teens all over the world can share their laughter and tears. This book helps teens and young adults realize that they're not the only one in their position and that there are millions of people just like them all over the world, experiencing heartaches, hate, and love. It helps you realize that you can be all you can be, without worrying about what other people think, and it lets you know that there are many other people out there in your shoes. "I know a little about who I am, and who I can be, regardless of what my friends think or say," says Shad Powers, a teen that submitted his story into "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul". This book will help you cope with the bitterness or cruelty of the world, while adding understanding into your life. I learned a lot of lessons from reading this book, and I know many of them will stick with me throughout my entire life. I enjoyed "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III" very much, and I recommend it for anyone who needs a good laugh, a good cry, or maybe just a good read.
on May 15, 2000
This book is great. I didn't know there were so many great true stories out there, but the authors of "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III" have found many more inspirational stories. This book was written to help teens deal with the issues that they face everyday, from first love to heartache, from best friends to enemies. This book will help guide you through the tough times and add happiness to the great times. The best part of this book is that the stories are written by teens for teens. There is something for everyone in it. The variety in this book is great. From the cartoons to the poems, you will never get bored of reading it. I could barely put it down. I learned a lot of great lessons while reading it. Another great point of this book is that you can go back and read different sections over again, depending on your mood. For example if you are depressed and want to read a story to brighten your day you can read one out of the "The Power of Love" chapter. I strongly recommend this book to anyone looking for a great read.
on October 20, 2000
I have to say, I was the last to find out this book was out. But I am also happy to say ,it was well worth the wait. These books seem to grow up with me. It might be the way I am understanding the stories and because I am older the stories seem deeper but whatever it is this was a collection of very beautiful and thoughtful stories. I found myself thinking about them longer and that good feeling that you get when you read a Chicken Soup story was lasting longer. I walked around all day just feeling so incredible and happy. I really can't explain it. These books and this one especially succeed in making me feel really good about my life. Suddenly all the hard times, all the heartaches turn into this rich experience and you feel that you are the lucky one for having lived such a rich life. I used to avoid getting into relationships for example because i might get hurt. Now I see I might learn something. My favorite story was ..well I had a few..I loved Kissing the Bully, i loved all the Columbine stuff..incredible...I loved the WEll I cant say because I dont want to give away the ending. Anyway. I loved this book and I hope you do too.
on May 16, 2000
Lately the chicken soup people have been popping out books left and right that don't even compare to the first, and this is a perfect example. Reading one random story, I was reminded of my sixth grade year. As I continued reading I realized this story was supposed to be about a high school junior. As I read more I found many more examples of this. The stories and tales are very simple, almost fictional, and provide no comfort in the problems teenagers face. It seems that the authors focused on the "typical teenager" and forgot that times have changed. It also seems like the authors are trying to deny and ignore what teenagers really go through.
I don't want to give the impression that I hated this book. I found some stories quite entertaining and can relate to some, mostly the ones that deal with death or hardships, something relevant for all ages. It also has many humorous cartoons. But, all in all, the book is mostly for younger teens at oldest. I don't recommend it unless it's raining and there's no power and you're home alone AND you've read every book in your house six times.