The Child in Mind: A Child Protection Handbook Hardcover – Mar 12 2004
|New from||Used from|
|Hardcover, Mar 12 2004||
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'I commend this book ... I want it to be read and used day by day.' - Lord Laming, Chair of the Victoria Climbie Inquiry
'This book is particularly suitable for professionals unfamiliar with child protection procedures.' – Community Care
'The Child in Mind should be in everyone's back pocket, it defines all types of abuse very clearly and is an advocate for whistle blowing.' – Anne Bannister, Univeristy of Sheffield
'This is a concise and informative textbook for health practitioners whose work brings them into contact with children or families ... it provides a wealth of information.' – Nursing Standard
About the Author
Judy Barker has extensive experience working with child abuse and neglect. Her clinical expertise is drawn from many years in practice, as a health visitor, child protection advisor and designated nurse for child protection in City and Hackney. She is now a freelance consultant on child protection issues.
Deborah Hodes is a consultant community paediatrician and designated doctor for child protection in Camden and University College London Hospital. She has a wide range of clinical, teaching and research experience in community child health.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Abuse & Self Defence > Sexual Abuse
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Public Health
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Abuse > Child Abuse
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Public Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing
- Books > Self-Help > Abuse
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Allied Health Services
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > General
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy