China's Industrial Policies and the Global Business Revolution: The Case of the Domestic Appliance Industry Paperback – Nov 29 2011
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Utilizing the domestic appliances industry, one of the most competitive sectors of the Chinese economy, for the purposes of his case study, Liu investigates the definition and evolution of Chinese industrial policies and the local and national levels. Highlighting the issues of central-local government relationships and government-business relationships, he reviews strategic changes in industrial policy during the period of economic reform, presents an overall picture of domestic appliances industry, and examines the development strategy and strategic choices of three selected firms. He concludes with an assessment of Chinas ability to implementsuccessful industrial policies. --Reference & Research Book News--This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Ling Liu recieved her PhD at the Judge Institute of Management Studies at the Cambridge University, and her
Masters in International Management at the University of Reading. Her research interests include globalisation, big business, public policy and development stratergy, regional development in China, transition economy, and strategic international management.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions
- Books > Business & Investing > International
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Asian American Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Ethnic Studies
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > International Business
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences