- Actors: Chuck Berry, Keith Richards, Johnnie Johnson, Steve Jordan, Eric Clapton
- Directors: Taylor Hackford
- Producers: Albert Spevak
- Format: Color, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, DVD-Video, Widescreen, NTSC
- Language: English
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
- Number of discs: 2
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: eOne Films
- Release Date: June 27 2006
- Run Time: 120 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 26 customer reviews
- ASIN: B000F0UTTM
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #37,904 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Chuck Berry: Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll
Customers who bought this item also bought
The unforgettable life and music of pioneering legend Chuck Berry are celebrated in this landmark feature film, capturing a once-in-a-lifetime gathering of rock and roll's finest! In 1986, Keith Richards invited a roster of great musicians to honor Chuck Berry for an evening of music to commemorate Berry's 60th birthday, including performances by Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Linda Rondstadt, Etta James and Julian Lennon, along with archival footage of an unforgettable duet by Chuck and John Lennon! Also featuring insightful interviews with many of the original creators of rock and roll: Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Roy Orbison, Bo Diddley, The Everly Bros, and Willie Dixon. This dynamite crowd pleaser from director Taylor Hackford (Ray) will keep your toes tapping and your soul rocking all night long!<P>DISC ONE: The feature film, presented in a new anamorphic widescreen transfer with spectacular new DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, plus the original Dolby Stereo theatrical mix with a new introduction to the film by director Taylor Hackford and two theatrical trailers.<P>DISC TWO: 54 minutes of never-before-seen Chuck Berry rehearsals in DTS and 5.1 audio: "Guitar Jam" (with Keith Richards and Eric Clapton), "Mean Old World" (with solos by Eric Clapton, Johnnie Johnson, and Chuck Lavell), "Understand Each Other" (with Eric Clapton), "Hoochie Coochie Gal" (with Etta James), and "Standards Medley" (with Johnnie Johnson)! Plus ... "The Reluctant Movie Star," a one-hour documentary covering the making of the film.
Top Customer Reviews
I recommend it to any one who likes rock music. Berry is a giant and here he is with other giants.
Of course now it needs to be on DVD....
Taylor Hackford, who did the wonderful music narrative 'The Idolmaker' directs this documentary, which includes a great live concert accompanying. The glue that holds the deal together, though, is the presence of Richards, as producer and musical director. His exchanges with Berry, filmed as is, concerning the film's content are classic. A Bruce Springsteen recount of his early days opening for Berry at a concert in New Jersey is worth the price of admission alone.
Great interviews with Roy Orbison, John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Jerry Lee Lewis, and the comedy team of Little Richard and Bo Diddley.
Wonderful film, beautiful honest portrait of a very complicated musical genius.
The movie ends with an explosive show.. A Must for any one who loves Rock and Roll.. A long movie guaranteed to please..
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Documentary
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Artists > Eric Clapton
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Classic Rock
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > DTS
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Pop
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Rock & Roll
- Music > Pop
- Music > Rock