Cinematic Geopolitics Hardcover – Dec 1 2008
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Cinematic Geopolitics offers an engaging theoretical, political and historical discussion of how film is enabling a "re-mapping of the world" through the body and technology.' - Brian Faucette, Scope: An Online Journal of Film and Television Studies, October 2011
About the Author
Michael J. Shapiro is a Professor in the Department of Political Science, University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA. His research and teaching are in the areas of political theory, global politics and cultural studies. Among his publications are: Methods and Nations: Cultural Governance and the Indigenous Subject (Routledge, 2004) and Deforming American Political Thought: Ethnicity, Facticity and Genre (University Press of Kentucky, 2006).
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History