- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Citizen Journalism: Global Perspectives Paperback – May 12 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
«When the people formerly known as the audience employ the press tools they now have in their possession to inform one another, ‘that’s’ citizen journalism. It is a global phenomenon because the means for doing it have been distributed to the population at large. Therefore our ideas about it have to be global, too. And we cannot afford to be sentimental about citizens or dismissive of what professionals do. Only a book like this can get that tough-minded conversation going the right way, which is the open way. In a word, the editors have succeeded.» (Jay Rosen, Department of Journalism, New York University)
«A wonderful sampling of recent cases with a truly global scope; a happy combination of new stories and the top scholars in online journalism. Going beyond theory, this volume demonstrates the variety and impact of reporting by the people, for the people.» (Mindy McAdams, College of Journalism and Communications, University of Florida)
About the Author
The Editors: Stuart Allan is Professor of Journalism in the Media School, Bournemouth University, U.K.
Einar Thorsen is Senior Lecturer in Multimedia Journalism at the University of Teesside, U.K.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Journalism
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology