- Manufacturer reference: 837654537220
- ASIN: B00BUSPFGK
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: March 22 2013
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #383,770 in Home (See Top 100 in Home)
Citronella 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil- 10 ml
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Each oil is available in 5, 10, 30, 100ml- packaged in amber glass bottle with euro style dropper cap. Each order includes our 150 Ways to Use Essential Oils brochure. For more details about this product, see Product Description section below.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
* Botanical Name: Cymbopogon winterianus * Plant Part: Leaves * Extraction Method: Steam * Origin: Indonesia * Description: Citronella oil is extracted from a resilient grass (Cymbopogon nardus) native to Sri Lanka and Java. It is a very aromatic perennial that grows approximately 1 meter (3 feet) in height. * Color: Yellow Brown * Common Uses: Citronella Java is credited with having therapeutic properties as an antiseptic, deodorant, insecticide, parasitic, tonic and as a stimulant. Nonetheless, most people will associate it with its insecticide properties. Many commercial repellents contain Citronella Java, and it is often used in combination with Cedarwood to produce a pleasant smelling natural insect repellent. It will also be seen in soaps and candles, and it has common applications in massage. This oil can also help with minor infection, but is more commonly known for its ability to assist in combating colds and flu. Citronella can also be used for excessive perspiration and for conditioning oily skin and hair. * Consistency: Thin * Note: Top * Strength of Aroma: Medium * Blends well with: Citronella Java blends well with most oils, but specifically well with Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Cedarwood, Geranium, Lemon, Orange, Lavender and Pine. * Aromatic Scent: Citronella Java has a well rounded lemon citrus scent, though it is much softer than actual Lemon. It also has subtle wood tones. * History: Citronella Java essential oil was one of the worlds dominant insect repellents before the introduction of DDT. Recent history has indicated that Citronella is once again becoming the product of choice for health conscious customers. * Cautions: Citronella may irritate sensitive skin. For external use only.
Top customer reviews