On Civic Friendship: Including Women in the State Hardcover – Nov 27 2009
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
¿Quieres informarnos sobre un precio más bajo?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This book provides clear and thoughtful re-readings of the tradition from a feminist perspective and reincorporates a classical notion of civil society... recommended.(Choice)
Sibyl Schwarzenbach takes a large view of political philosophy, both its history and its contemporary manifestations, but stays selective in her treatment of social philosophers from Aristotle to John Rawls. Her book is a substantial accomplishment, on both the historical and systematic levels, and is presented vigorously and appealingly.(Allen Wood, Stanford University and Indiana University)
Sibyl Schwarzenbach's attempt to show the importance of women's experiences and feminist theory for the justification of the democratic state is the most successful I have seen. Its achievement should be widely recognized and commented upon by feminist political philosophers and, hopefully, by political philosophers more generally, attracting as much attention as Susan Okin's Justice, Gender, and the Family.(James P. Sterba, University of Notre Dame) See all Product description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Movements > Deconstruction
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies > Feminist Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History