Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 5.99 shipping
Civilization IV Beyond the Sword Expansion - Standard Edition
|Price:||CDN$ 18.04 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- New units, buildings, and technologies to the epic game with additional focus on the late-game time periods
- 12 new scenarios, many containing themes never before included in the Civilization series
- Ten new civilizations, such as Portugal, Babylon and Netherlands
- Sixteen new leaders including leaders for the ten new civilizations, as well as additional leaders for existing civilizations
- Game play feature that allows you to create corporations and spread them throughout the world; each corporation provides benefits in exchange for certain resources
- Platform: Mac OS X
- ESRB Rating: Everyone 10+
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword is the second expansion pack for Civilization IV. The expansion focuses on the late-game time periods after the invention of gunpowder and includes 12 different scenarios, ten new civilizations, 16 new leaders, five new wonders, and a variety of new units that offer more ways for players to expand their civilization8217;s power as they strive for world domination.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I was worried about buying the Mac version because I'd read so many negative reviews. But I really hate using the Boot Camp drive, so I decided to risk it. Here are some of the issues that people have had:
1) Game crashing in the late stages. For me, this has not really been much of a problem. Make sure you install the appropriate patches when available. It is true that the game sometimes gets laggy or the sounds/music get messed up, especially towards the modern era. But I found that quitting the program (after saving!) and relaunching solves that problem easily. It doesn't happen every time...I'd say I have to do this every 5 games or so. It does seem to happen more if I'm doing other things on the computer, like checking email or surfing the web while the game is running.
2) Laptop overheating. Macbooks run hot, whether you're playing a game or not. I use a laptop cooling pad and have had absolutely no problems with overheating.
3) Compatibility with PC saves. Not a problem at all; I'm able to load other people's save files without difficulty.
Finally, a word of warning. This game can be addictive!!