Closed Captioning: Subtitling, Stenography, and the Digital Convergence of Text with Television Hardcover – Jan 23 2008
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Downey's book provides a through explanation of how the technology developed, and after reading "Closed Captioning," you will never again take the technology for granted and you will clearly understand its role as a communication medium.--Susan B. Barnes "Technology and Culture "
About the Author
Gregory J. Downey is an associate professor in the School of Journalism & Mass Communication and the School of Library & Information Studies at the University of Wisconsin--Madison. He is the author of Telegraph Messenger Boys: Labor, Technology, and Geography, 1850--1950.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > United States
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Video > Technical
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications > Television & Video
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > United States
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences