BC Coastal Recreation Kayaking and Small Boat Atlas: British Columbia's West Vancouver Island Spiral-bound – Nov 10 2011
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A photographic exploration of the North American West.
The photography is nothing less than stunning, and the narrative is compelling.
Stunning colour panoramic shots leave no doubt about the beauty of this vast area.
This one would be a perfect under-the-tree surprise for a nature lover or outdoor enthusiast.
Wonder and awe best describe images... expressed in a coffee table book, Big Sky: Wild West Panorama.
Captur[es] the immense beauty and diversity of North America's western landscapes... well-written narrative.
There is no better way to see the magnificence of the landscapes... an iconic collection... brilliant color and wide perspective.
Stunning... should dispel any doubts about the quality that digital photography can attain at the hands of a skilled practitioner.
Breathtaking photos...Big Sky is an awesome art gallery that dazzles the eyes with some of Mother Nature's most glorious brushstrokes.
Offers full-color spreads of such popular photographic topics as the Colorado River and Arches National Park, ...[and] more obscure locales.
Magnificent... You'll find big sky in sunlit canyons, cactus-studded deserts, snow-capped mountains, impassable-looking badlands and endless beaches of the Pacific.
About the Author
John Kimantas is an editor, journalist and photographer who has worked on newspapers across Canada. He is a kayaking and outdoor enthusiast. This is his third book.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
These atlases solve all those problems. Big scale but with plenty of detail. I have had both nautical and these atlases on one trip and I kept turning to the Atlas - clearer and get a bigger picture.
The fact that they are waterproof is a big plus for that time you do need to flip the page in roughish water. I used one of the atlases for a 3 week trip last year abd the pages did get slightly damp between the laminate. Water will eventually seap throught the not perfect seals. I just use the atlas with a map case, no further issues.
Adding in all the extra info these maps have, eg campsites, towns, current speeds, hazards etc. they are a must have for any vancouver island trip.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Atlases & Maps > Atlases
- Books > Education & Reference > Atlases & Maps > Canada
- Books > Education & Reference > Atlases & Maps > World
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Boating
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Kayaking > Whitewater Kayaking
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Water Sports > Boating
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Water Sports > Kayaking > Whitewater Kayaking
- Books > Travel > Atlases & Maps > Atlases
- Books > Travel > Atlases & Maps > Canada
- Books > Travel > Atlases & Maps > World
- Books > Travel > Canada > Provinces > British Columbia
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips